49 - Date Night Ruined?

Opening the door, he saw that it was still dark in Teresa's room, blinds and curtains closed. The only light was what seeped through the door. Her body underneath the blankets, sound, peacefully asleep. He looked down at his watch realizing it was 6 o'clock. She normally didn't sleep that late, but he assumed that's what women did when they were pregnant.

He really wanted to know the gender, but it was too soon.

Closing the door, he turned around to see Adriano walking up the stairs, heading to Teresa's room. He stopped when he saw Luciano. "She's sleeping" He informed him and Adriano nodded. Luciano nudged his head, gesturing to Adriano to follow him.

"Your father's visit..." He began, stepping into the office. "Is she going?" He questioned as Luciano sat down in his seat.

"Yes I want her to meet them" Luciano answered and Adrian shook his head, disagreeing.

"That's not a good idea Luciano" He said, causing Luciano's eyebrow to raise, curious.

"Why is that?" He asked and Adriano took a seat, across from him.

"You know how your family is with women, not Italian. They're going to compare her to Laura. She's pregnant and she shouldn't have to take merda(shit), from anyone. Not even our family." He voiced, and Luciano did know it was the truth. Especially his mother, they didn't welcome non Italians very well. It had more to do with being a Mafia mother, father, or whatever they were.

" I have it handled. No one will disrespect her" Luciano assured. Adriano chuckled, doubting Luciano and he knew it.

" What can you do? Threaten them? Our family. Yeah good luck with that. All I'm saying is think about her feelings. As both the woman you love and the woman who is carrying your child." He got up, slamming the door after him.

Luciano sat back in his chair as he lifted the laptop screen to stare at Teresa through the camera. He knew Adriano was concerned, even though he were to. His family was cruel but it was something everyone significant to him had to deal with. Adriano once upon a time had to deal with it. Twice, when he became Capo and when he became Luciano's brother, Luciano could see why he would worry when it would come to Teresa. She would have to, pregnant or not. He couldn't wait till after the baby was born to decide to introduce them.

They would never respect her after that.

Setting the thought aside, he walked upstairs, into his room and pulled out a fair brown suit from his closet. He grabbed a silky white shirt from it as well and brown shoes to match. It was something he wore everyday, formal, designer, and expensive. He was only going to dinner with Laura because he did want to be on good terms with her. After all she was someone he loved dearly before, and it wouldn't seem too bad to reconnect even if it were just in a friendly way. Besides, Teresa gave her a chance, he should have.

Laura was staring into the mirror with a wide smile at the black lingerie set she bought yesterday. It fit her perfectly except for the garter belt which she decided not to wear. The underwear and bralette were perfect. If dinner went well, Luciano would be eating out of the palm of her hand. Hopefully he'll be eating something else, she thought with a smirk. She ran her hands down her thighs, twisting and turning.

She may not have the body of Teresa, nowhere near it and she may have just been a stick, but she was pretty and she knew Luciano wasn't a man that cared much about a woman's body anyway.

Grabbing her red dress, she finished up brushing her hair that she had curled and lightly added makeup on her face. She did know Luciano cared more for natural beauty, he hardly liked make up. She knew that since Teresa didn't wear so much as lipstick nowadays and lashes. Putting on her earrings, that weren't as expensive as Teresa's considering it wasn't her money to spend and neither was it Teresa's but it technically were.