Chapter - 1

Present...          Josephine's POV

It was raining. The droplets were landing harshly on the balcony guardrail and bouncing towards the inside where I was seated on my comfy chair. It was just perfect. Perfect enough for me to enjoy my hot cup of tea in this soothing weather. The fragrance of the first rain and sound of a cuckoo was adding wonders to my beautiful view of outside.

I had just finished reading a romantic novella, and like an idiot I am, I started fantasizing my own romantic story. It sounds cliché when a prince riding on a horse comes to the rescue of a girl and falls in love with her at the first sight. But reading and fantasizing about them makes my heart flutter and butterflies in my stomach.

Being obsessed with the romantic genre of novels, I sometimes write some short stories of my own too. It's like one of my dreams which I want them to become true in real life, a beautiful love story which everyone will remember.

Enough about me fantasizing already. The rain had become slow and it was falling in fine drops. Suddenly, it was very quiet. The cuckoo had stopped enchanting her melody. It was so quiet that I could easily hear the sound of a swan singing.....wait what? A swan?

As far as I knew I haven't heard a swan's voice around where I live in the middle of New York. There were houses at distant places and water bodies were just far enough. How could I hear a swan's voice?

I jumped off my chair to have a clear view of the surroundings. I looked towards my right and then towards my left but there was no sign of a life form there, well except for me of course.

But I could hear it, I could hear the sound very clearly but I was not able to figure out from where the sound was coming from. That was strange. I was slightly drenched with cold water from the mist falling particularly on my head sending shivers to my whole body.

I was about to turn back and leave as it was quite slippery but my eyes caught someone's presence near the turn of the road.

There was a man standing not near but not that far enough for me to acknowledge his presence. He was looking into my direction or particularly I could say me. It felt like his sharp gaze was piercing into mine and was trying to figure out something. He was wearing whole black attire and his wet hair were falling near his eyes.

But there was no one a minute ago there

But there was no one a minute ago there. From where did he come from? And also why was he staring at me like this? I didn't realize but I was staring back at him too from the second our eyes met. It was something about him that was disturbing me but I couldn't take my eyes off of him for I don't know what reason.

Bzzz...Bzzz....Bzzz, I was startled with a sound and as a reflex I looked back from where the sound came from. It was my phone on vibration. I turned my head back towards the suspicious man but by that time he was gone. There was no sign of him. It was like he flew away.

The sound of the swan singing had stopped and I could hear the cuckoo once again with all the neighbouring sounds.

Well that was pretty strange and who was he?

                       ─•~❉᯽❉~•─

A/N

Hey 🦋,

So how was the first chapter?
*inserts nervous squealing*
In case you are wondering who was he?
He was t---  
Hehe, I won't tell now!

See you all in the next chapter.
Until then,
Much love
JK