Chapter - 44

I had never felt so happy in my life

I had never felt so happy in my life. Just as everyone says, when happiness comes, it feathers in abundance.

My mom and dad got reunited. My family was back as well as completed with an entry of an old member as well as a new one. Mom and Dad liked Vian so much that they didn't even spare a moment for me, just gave all their love to Vian. Despite knowing of Vian's condition about his family, my mom was ready to make Vian her son then and there.

Being good at words, Vian very cleverly turned that son into a well-qualified son-in-law in my parent's eyes that I couldn't believe what was happening. My dad patted his head and shoulder from time to time, expressing his gratitude toward him and showing that he is proud of Vian.

Mom decided to take dad back with her to New York. I was a little sad that I couldn't get to spend more time with him. There was so much to tell him, he missed so many years of me growing up as a person. I had so much to say to him, but fewer words to explain at the very moment.

I had promised him that once I got my winter vacation from the university, I will fly back to New York and spend all the time with him. He insisted on bringing Vian with me, which was kind of already in my mind fixed, but still, I agreed to him.

Casey decided to live at Xav's home for some days so as not to be the spoilsport between Vian and me as she said, but I knew she just wanted to spend some quality time with Xav after all of what had happened.

Everyone went home, and so Vian and I were in his car driving back to our home. He made me convinced to spend some days with him. I had no reason to say no too, so I agreed. To think about the past, so much happened, when this all started and when we came here, felt like a flash as well.

I was looking at the bracelet he gave me, it looked so beautiful that I couldn't keep my eyes off of it. It had something special to it, but Vian said he would tell it later, and I couldn't wait for it. And for the last surprise, he said he had for me.

Finally, when we reached home, he was helping me to get out of that dress when suddenly his phone chimed. It was a call from an unknown number, but Vian's expressions stiffened like he knew who was calling at that time.

"I'll be right back," he said and took his phone. He jogged out of the house to talk to that person, but I was too tired and lazy to goof around and ask questions because I trusted him with my whole heart. He would never do anything to hurt me.

47 minutes to be exactly passed, but Vian didn't come back. I started to get worried when I got up to check on him, but just like he was waiting for me to get up to address me, I got a notification.

"Urgent work might get late. Don't wait for me, just go to sleep. Have a good night, love. Dream of me, okay?" I read the text.

What could be any urgent work at this hour and especially today when my birthday is about to end in a few minutes. I acknowledged his message and showered with love and kiss emojis to him and waited for as long as I could until I drift to the dreamy land of my own.