Chapter - 29

After Xav came back down from Vian's room, he patted my back to ease my uneasiness and asked me to talk to Vian

I nodded my head at him and climbed the stairs hesitantly. I don't know if it was my fault or not, but I was feeling guilty for some reason.

As in, he had suffered because of me... before, too.

Reaching the door, I knocked lightly on the door and heard Casey's voice. Turning the doorknob and pushing the door a little, I peeked my head first to see Vian awake and Casey by his side.

She got up from the bed and made her way to move out before flashing me a reassuring smile.

I smiled back at her and shifted my gaze to the guy, for whom my eyes started to shed tears.

I took slow steps towards him, not shifting my gaze from him for a slight bit of a moment, and walked near the bed.

His eyes were glued on mine, sweat glistening on his forehead, I took another step towards him and hit my pinky toe with the corner of the bed.

It hurt like shit, but I kept my pain to myself, sewing my lips shut, so I don't make any noise. He leaned forward immediately to see if I was okay, but I quickly moved towards him and carefully let him lay down, and pulled the duvet a little more over him.

We laughed a little at my sudden clumsiness. But soon silence took over as no one said anything.

Apologize once. Even it's your fault or not, just let him know you didn't mean anything for this to happen.

"Sorry..." I said as a slight whisper. My eyes focused on my fingers.

"You don't have to apologize, Joe, it's not your fault and besides nothing happened, I just freaked out on my own-" he stated, but I cut him off by holding his hand in mine.

"Just let me apologize, Vian. I don't want to explain why I'm sorry, but just accept it, please... for me," I sobbed and thought that this would help me to lessen the burden engulfing in my heart.

"I accept your apology, okay? Now stop crying, you are my cute friend, you know?" He said smilingly and slide his thumb to weep that tear away.

"WHAT AM I?" I heard Casey from behind the door, and immediately we detached our hands and sat straight.

"Don't eavesdrop!" Vian shouted at her and I heard her squealing for a moment and next she was laughing with Xav.

Then it clicked to me, why was Xav here?

Xav and I bid them farewell after making sure he was completely fine, and Xav dropped me at the dormitory. We didn't talk about what happened but to cheer up my mood which was not so good, he asked me to come for shopping as well as arcade with him.

As only a day was left for my trip, I had to do some shopping and pack my bags too, so I agreed.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶