Chapter - 19

The next day

I woke up to a throbbing headache, my limbs not ready to move even a bit. I tried to open my eyelids to check the time, but they were heavy enough to shut themselves again. And it hit me; I was in Uncle Gabs' house.

Taking my hands on my face and pulling my eyes open like a window, I saw it was half-past eleven in the morning. Woah! No college then.

Crap! I remembered suddenly that I puked last night. Yikes!!!!

I got up by pushing myself out of the bed and hit my foot and toppled down. I saw Kia lying on the floor, sleeping like a maniac. Her smudged makeup paced my heart rate to an extent when you accidentally see a ghost.

"Hey! Wake up and at least sleep on the bed if you want," I said to her, squatting down.

"What are you talking about Jo, I am on the bed, see, hehehe--" she giggled in between her talk and tried to show me the pillow-- her head was on but seeing the empty concrete below her made her question her existence.

"Come on, get up," I said, to which she nodded and fell asleep right then and there.

I sighed and thought of how would I face Gabs in my half-drunk state.

Do you know what you did last night?

What?

I won't tell you.

Hey! Don't do that with me.

Overthinking has entered the chat babe. I don't remember, though.

Then why did you ask?

Just having some fun.

Just shut up already.

I remembered overthinking before, and I grabbed my phone instantly. The message. Vian had seen the message but hadn't replied. Awkward.

I put my phone back on the side table, just as Xav and Mark entered the room.

"Good morning everyone!!!" Xavier exclaimed, bringing in, a tray in his hands and two bowls on it.

Mark gave a sympathetic look, seeing Kia lying on the floor with smudged makeup. He greeted me morning and held Kia in his arms in bridal style and put her gently on the bed.

"Drink some soup made by none other than me and take the meds afterward if you still feel like throwing up," Xavier chimed in an enthusiastic tone but ended with disgust on his face.

It clicked to me that he was throwing the daggers my way and, well, it was not his fault.

"Good morning, baby, how are you feeling?" Mark asked Kia, gently stroking her messy hair back.

"Good morning baby," Kia blushed at his remark and hid her face under the duvet.

"Jeez, stop you two, you are making me cringe," Xav said, throwing the pillow on Mark's face.

He triggered him and as expected a pillow war had started making everyone fully awake.

"You know what happened yesterday?" Mark asked me.

"No, I don't, just tell me, will you?"

"You puked--" He started, but I remembered that.

"Oh yeah, I know that!" I said shyly.

"On me!!" Xav interrupted, glaring at me with his arms crossed over his chest.

Gross.

I didn't want to, but I couldn't stop myself from laughing at the time. But since I was the only one who laughed, I stopped immediately.

"Uh, I promise I won't drink from now on," I hid my face and peeked through my fingers, and tried to get out of the awkward situation.

"No worries, I won't let you drink that much," he said.

Woah! What was up with him? He had changed a lot since the time I saw mom and him cooking when we had to board our flight. He was always lashing out at me teasingly, but he had stopped that too and started to handle things more politely. I wondered what they talked about?

"Kid! Kitchen! Right now!!" We heard Gabs shouting for Xavier to go back downstairs and clean the mess he would have made in the kitchen, for sure. It doesn't matter how best he was at cooking, but the mess he created was unbearable to clean.

"Coming, Gabs," Xav chirped loudly, and both the boys left the room.

"Lemme booze-up; I'm not drunk baby~~" Kia and I started singing as Mark sang his signature song again. We burst into a fit of laughter and had our hangover soup.

"Jo, I want to tell you something," Kia caught my attention by being serious all of a sudden.

"It's been a year since Mark and I are together--" she started.

"Woah Woah Woah, where is this going?" I asked, interrupting her in between.

"Listen...seeing his behavior towards me, spending time with him and after knowing how he actually is, I don't think I like him anymore," she stated, earning a dramatic gasp from me.

"What happened? Did he say something? Did he do something? I swear if this piece of shit has done something to hurt you, I am going to teach him a good lesson for sure," I said cracking my knuckles and neck to get prepared for the fight which I was definitely going to win.

"No no, calm down, it's not that--" I didn't let her complete and marched my way down without listening to what she actually wanted to say.

"Mark!!" I called for his name while he was cleaning the kitchen island and looked towards me with a confused look, seeing my angry face.

"Yes, Jo," he replied.

"You--"

"No Jo stop, I said I didn't like him because I love him-- I think," she didn't know Mark was right standing there and confessed her feelings openly.

I gasped at the revelation and turned to face her.

I knew it, you can't miss a day without drama.

"Love..." Mark whispered.

I wanted to just run away from them anywhere, but away from them. He went near her and stood in front of her.

The silence was eating me up while they were talking with their eyes. I wish Abby hadn't gone to her home and had come with us.

"I love YOU, Miss Kia Kendrell, I fell for you when I first saw you," Mark whispered again while joining his forehead with hers and holding her face in his hands.

Leave, let them have their moment.

"I love you, Mr. Mark Bennet," Kia whispered back, and they both were about to kiss when Gabs shouted for his name.

"Ahem, what's happening here?"

They both took a step back from each other at the sudden interruption. "Kia, kid go to your room and get ready, then have your breakfast okay," Gabs politely said to her to which she nodded at-- running back upstairs taking me with her.

"And you, clean the kitchen right now, where's that brat Xav," he shouted at Mark to which he nodded with confusion at the sudden change of tone.

"Awww Kia, I love you too baby," I said to tease her while she was blushing like a red tomato.

She playfully smacked at my arm and blushed even more.
What a great day!

Yes, love.

─•❉᯽❉•─

A/N

Hey🦋,
So how was the chapter?

The next chapter is going to be Vian's POV, for sure.
Until then,
Take care