Chapter - 33

"Look at me, please

"Look at me, please... just open your eyes and look at me once."

I felt raindrops that over landed heavily on my face, making me squint my already closed eyes. "Please..." I heard a muffled voice again.

I attempted to lift my eyelids, but they felt like they were sealed shut not daring to open up as much as I wanted to unfold my milieux, they remain closed.

With my glued eyelids, I felt some more drops descending on my face and sharp pain piercing in my heart.

That stinging sensation felt like a dagger was put into my heart, and now it's been taken out to stimulate more pain.

My chest felt heavier like I drank only water instead of eating something for dinner.

"Please, Goddammit! Please!!" I heard muted cries again just above my head.

It was Vian's voice. I could hear him weeping in pain. I had to stop him. For that, I opened my mouth to speak, but no voice came out, just a dry cacophonous esthesis.

"Arghhhh!" He shouted and averred something to himself, which felt like he was cussing at someone, making me believe that even if my sensory receptors were falling apart, my ears were still working fine.

One of the raindrops fell on my lips. It was as heavy as gelatin. I pressed my lips together with the full force I had, and my taste buds enlightened. The warm liquid rolled inside my mouth slowly and tardily, that I was losing my forbearance.

I was right, it was not mere raindrops. But I was wrong too, it was not gelatin as well. Because it was... blood.

I let out a shaky dulled breathe, and likewise, at the very moment, I opened my eyes, just enough for me to take a glance of my surroundings.

My whole body ached and was drenched in that thick liquid, I suppose, was blood. To my contrary state, I was serene.

Just as I took a glimpse, my eyes first landed on one individual, on whose thighs, my head was resting. Vian's head was focused down towards my face, but he didn't see me opening my eyes, because he had willingly sealed them shut.

His dampish hair was falling towards me and streaks of blood flowed easy, dripping the fluid on my face after every one or two seconds.

Was he hurt? I tried to get a clear view of his face, his dampened corner of the eyes was exhibiting with slight wrinkles. How vulnerable I felt, seeing him this close to me yet so far away.

His eyebrows were knitted together where his forehead was masked with sweat, with streaks of blood dropping like tears on his face.

His forehead vein was popping like it could explode any minute. I shuddered as he clenched his jaw and tightened his grip on my tender body, making me mewl in pain that I let out a soft whine.