Chapter - 17

We sat near one of the sitting areas which were behind the large bookshelves. The rusty brown color added with sparkles of the rotten silver was giving me the historical vibes.

He put his phone on the table and started fidgeting his hands into his black bag like there was some mystery hunt and he had to find the clue as soon as possible. But he was not able to find it.

I, on the other hand, was admiring the peacefulness and calmness of the environment we were seated in.

I was looking upwards to find a chandelier blossoming its soothing color around. It felt, I was acting weird. I looked back at him to find him already gazing at me.

He cleared his throat and looked onto the paper in front of him blinking his eyes rapidly.

"Uh, so what's your favorite genre?" I asked starting the conversation.

"I read all kinds of books."

"Any specific ones you prefer?"

"I like dark fiction," he replied in a hoarse voice.

Whoops! Amazing!

I hummed at his reply and there was nothing left for me to ask. Where it was awkward for me to handle this silence, he was calm and composed.

I told you.

"I like contemporary literature and fantasy, by the way. Uh...the most," I said again breaking the silence.

Why was it this awkward to even talk?

An idea struck my mind like the light that flickered earlier. "Let's make a fusion, what's say?" I asked excitedly.

He furrowed his eyebrows and stated," Do you mean a romance novel with a dark end or something?"

Yes, exactly! He read my mind!

"Woah! How did you guess exactly what I was thinking?" I asked completely surprised.

"I don't know it just came from inside," he said.

"Not every person who is in love with each other ends up together," he spoke softly.

"Wh-what?"

"We can use it as our quote?"

The words he spoke were very simple but they had a very deep meaning to them.

"Yes we can...it just felt like I have felt this feeling," I answered.

"Me too."

"But wait, what have you thought about, let's consider that as well before finalizing anything," I said seeing the paper in his hands.

"Uh- it was nothing, just the same idea we have planned right now," he replied putting the thin sheet back into his bag.

I just witnessed something which made me flinch my eyes shut to the darkest color in the world. He got a paper cut and it was so deep that blood was oozing out of his finger staining the sheet in his hand.

He didn't even see it. What?

"Vian! What are you doing? See, your finger, you have got a paper cut," I stated concerned.

"Huh? Oh- I'll just wash it. It's nothing," he replied without even a crease on his face and left.

How didn't he feel anything? It was unbearable for me to even watch it!

Maybe you are overreacting.

But you saw the blood, right?

He came back after some time but still, the blood hadn't stopped. I internally screamed at his carelessness. Maybe I was overreacting but seeing blood just made me feel sick.

"Give me your hand, I have a bandage with me," I demanded.

"It's nothing Josephine, see it's just a simple cut," he retorted.

"I-SAID-GIVE-ME-YOUR-HAND-MARSHALL," I spatted sternly.

Calm down.

He brought his hand forward and tapped on my shoulder. "Josephine, what happened?" He asked.

"Huh!?" I jerked back for a second and found myself looking upwards towards the chandelier, the light of which blinded me for a second or so.

"You were looking there for a while. Everything good?" He asked.

"Huh? Yes, yes," I replied. I saw that the paper was still on the table and I looked at him like a lost child this time.

Woah! What the hell did just happen?

"So uh- any idea about the genre?" I asked to take my mind off of things.

We discussed a little about it and every time we spoke I got the feeling that it had just happened to me. Honestly, I didn't know what was happening at that time.

We had decided on the same genre which I witnessed ourselves deciding when I was looking upwards.

He put the paper back inside his bag and NO!
I closed my eyes shut to not to see his finger; he got the paper cut and didn't even flinch.

I pointed at his cut and he walked towards the restroom to clean the wound without even caring for it. It felt like I knew he would get a cut and then…he got one.

Well, it felt like I had just witnessed all of it but I was forgetting it with every bit of time when it all happened in real. That never happened with me ever in my life. It was weird and strange. But this weirdness all started with a new appearance in my life and it was Vian's.

The blood was still oozing out when he came back and I apparently had the bandage with me.

He denied it at first but then let me apply it for him.

"So do you live near?" I asked.

"Hmm."

"Hey, I just remembered what happened to you in the university today?" I asked out of the blue.

Wrong timing and you, perfect.

"I- uh I need to go. I have some urgent work to do. Should I drop you at the dormitory?" He asked in a hurry.

"Thank you but Xavier's coming," I said to which he took his bag and ran out of the room. He could greet a goodbye!?

Maybe, it's not a goodbye then.

I sighed and packed my things up and got up to leave. No one was seen in sight as that part of the library was nearly empty when we came there.

Suddenly, the lights went off. Shit!
I was already confused by which staircase we came and now I was stuck in this maze without light. Awesome!

I tried calling Xav but there was no freaking signal.

"Hello, is anybody here? I'm stuck," I said a little louder but no one responded.

I turned on my phone's flashlight and tried to see what could be visible and luckily I found the staircase from which we came in.

─•❉᯽❉•─

A/N

Hey 🦋,
What do you guys think of this chapter?

Though..the library journey is not over yet. See y'all in the next one.