Chapter - 43

I opened my eyes in a flick with a louder than normal beating heart gasping for air, panting heavily

I opened my eyes in a flick with a louder than normal beating heart gasping for air, panting heavily. I looked at my surroundings to have found myself in the car still in that gorgeous dress while Vian pulled over to check on me.

"What's wrong? Was it a nightmare?" He asked, seeing my state, and brought his hands forward to my face and caressed my cheeks. He put his one hand on the back of my head and pulled me toward him, that my head was now peacefully resting on his shoulder.

"It was a dream?" I asked, perplexed by my state. He caressed my hair and hummed in response.

"There is something wrong with me? What if... what if I know where you're taking me... w-will you believe that there is something wrong with me?" I stuttered as I talked in between my uneven breathing.

"How could you know, love? We haven't reached our destination." The simple reply was easy to form where I was contemplating whether to tell him or not. The time I decided, that not to get him all worried up because of a simple dream, I should stay quiet for now. But I made it clear in my head that I will tell him everything at night.

But what was I going to tell him? That I see things which might get true some or the other way. The fact that I have hidden this thing from him is already eating me up. I should have told him earlier. Despite my mom and Xavier already knowing about this condition of mine, which I was unaware of, makes me even more curious as well as terrified.

After a while, when I got cooled down a bit. The directions of the road were making it more clear for me that we were reaching that palace. And once we reached there, I had to force a surprised face just as I had in my dream to show my genuine happiness and joyousness toward Vian for thinking all of this for me.

I saw Casey and I won't be lying if I knew that she was wearing a Cinderella dress with a small crown sitting on her head which I was aware of with specifications to be exact.

She blindfolded me after complimenting me of how pretty I was looking in that dress, and lead me to that big, massive door of the castle.

She opened the door and pushed me in and closed the door with a loud thud. I was afraid of pulling off the blindfold because I didn't want to witness what I had witnessed before. In that freaking dream. It feels like I'm living my dreams, and the thought of them living my whole life creeps me out.

I heard a pop sound which startled me. My blindfold was taken off by someone and I accepted my fate of what was ahead of me as I shut my eyes. Those hands felt familiar. Very familiar. Emotionally familiar.

"Happy birthday, Josephine!!" A group of people cheered for me with their voices complementing each other's as I opened my eyes and realized that it was indeed a castle and my eyes dropped to the person I didn't know existed? The most not promising person in this world who was the last person I had ever expected here to be.

"Dad..." I whispered. It was intended to be resounded like his ears could listen to my voice, but that very own word 'dad' didn't leave my mouth. It barely came out as a whisper, and I was sure it wasn't audible.