Chapter - 6

I came back to my room after having the last bite of the delicious cheesecake with a heart full of sorrow. It was my last night there before leaving. I hopped onto the bed after changing into comfortable clothes. But I couldn't fall asleep as I already had dozed off earlier. I didn't realise that I was staring at the ceiling for longer than normal and suddenly I jerked back. I saw something.

It was like someone's face

It was like someone's face. It was a quick flash and I saw it. I saw him.

I tried to remember it, but the more I tried, the more I forgot about it. 'I had seen him somewhere' were the only words I recited that time. It was strange as I could feel that, something was there. I could sense the smell of soil, one which scented like the soil after the first rain.

I wasn't able to recognize him but it felt like I knew him all along.

Don't stress about that. You are thinking way too much right now.

I think you are right.

I am always right, bitch. Now sleep.

Whatever!

                  ➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

I woke up to the blaring sound of the alarm clock. Don't shut the clock up, you have to leave today, don't get late.

Yes, you are right. Any message today?

It is true that time never stops for anyone, but once it's gone you can't bring it back.

Oh I knew that.

Then don't waste your time dumb, go get ready.

You are so mean.

I am you.

Ughhh!

I took a quick shower and got ready as fast as I could. Just took a last glance at my room and headed downstairs with the luggage. I could hear laughing sounds from above. 'Who is there this early in the morning? Is Aunt Cami back?' I questioned myself walking down the stairs.
No, that's not her laugh. It's Xav's.

I entered the kitchen and saw my mom and Xav cooking.

"Hey sleepyhead, good morning! " he exclaimed.

"Hey sleepyhead, good morning!" I mimicked him instead of spatting back at him.

I hugged mom who was on the verge of crying. "What happened mom?" I asked concerned.

"Nothing kiddo, Xav and I were just talking about you," She said wiping the tears away that were about to roll down her cheek.

"What about me?" I asked and went near the other side to grab an apple.

"All set Jo, have you kept everything? Do you-uh need something, we could buy on our way to the airport," Xav interrupted completely off the topic.

"No it's fine, all set," I replied giving him a suspicious look but letting go of it.

It was time to leave and mom was trying to hold her tears back but failed miserably so as I too. We hugged for long and she planted kisses all over my face. Yeah we are an emotional family.

"I love you both," she said wiping her tears away with a sweet smile.

"Love you too mom- aunt," Xav and I said in unison except at the end.

He brought my luggage to the taxi he booked awhile ago and we were ready for the new journey ahead.

                   ➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵

We reached at the airport and thank God for once we were not late. Kia, Mark and Abby were already there ready to board in.
After that, I took the window seat and Xav sat beside me. " Hey! now tell me why you were acting all weirded out before we went to the diner? Had something happened? Did Mrs. Kennel said anything?" I asked.

"No, it was just ...remember when we were out one day and you saw a swan shaped chocolate, and you wanted that so bad."

"Ahnn?"

"Well I drove there early in the morning just to get that for you before we leave from here. But it was all sold out. I was pissed as hell!"

He is the cutest little creature.

"The fact that you thought about it has made me feel so happy and blessed. It's enough for me. Thank you!" I said tugging a smile at the corner of my lips. He smiled back and I could say that he has the cutest smile in the world.

I looked outside the window. It was dark outside as it was still early. I couldn't see anything clearly when just in a flash I saw two eyes staring into mine from outside the window. I was startled and flinched for a second. By that time, it was gone. I had seen those eyes before. But I didn't know whose it was. I didn't comprehend that what happened was real or just my mind was messing with me.

I felt sleepy all of a sudden and my body felt numb. But-

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

A/N

Hey 🦋,
Things are getting more complicated for Jo to bear. Y'all will witness that soon in the upcoming chapters.

Stay tuned!
Let me know in the comments what you think about this chapter.
Vote and share if you like the story so far!

I'll meet you guys in the next chapter!
Much love❤