Chapter - 39

Everything was perfect

Everything was perfect. His endearing surprise of meeting with the swans, this beautiful attire provided to us, mesmerizing fireworks, a warm bonfire, and everything just turned against me in a flash. Again.

I was filled with content as soon as Vian started to breathe normally, despite blood still dripping from his nose and the other cuts he acquired while fighting against himself.

The rain pour had stopped yet the dripping noise of the droplets descending off the leaves from the trees was still there.

I needed to make everything right. To clear all the dark wizardry cast on us. "I will just be by the lake for a moment," I said to him, which made him nod his head and leave my hand.

How was I so attached? It felt like dying when a thought went through my head of losing him.

You love him, isn't that enough reason?

It is... but I never wanted to be the person to hurt him to this extent.

Just as I was contemplating my thoughts while playing with the water in the lake, sitting near the edge, my leg felt numb all of a sudden.

It started to give me a feeling when blood doesn't reach and gets blocked midway. I wasn't able to move my leg without having a strong stinging, painful sensation.

I looked back at Vian who was lost in thinking. His eyes focused on the sky, he sat still while hugging his knees. I could see a changed expression on his face, normally he would not agree to talk about the situation, but I was glad in a snap of bits, he acted like he understands everything.

That's how people react when they are filled with pain.

For now, I was the one in pain, as I was not able to move my damn leg. Being the dolt I am, I tried to pick up my leg with my hands, but in a hurry tossed myself into the water.

My shriek echoed in the forest along with a splashing sound of water from the lake while I struggled to breathe. It felt like the ice-cold water dried up the blood from my veins after the cold pour, and my body started to drown in dizziness with every passing minute.

"Vi--" I tried to speak, but more water entered my lungs, knocking out the air from my lungs completely.

This was the death Bella accepted, but I didn't want to end my life like this. I had to be there for Vian, for my mom, for Xavier, and win over the almost defeated game. I won't let this dream come true.

Don't forget yourself, dumb.

I heard another splash of sound and a tug on my hand, making me open my eyes in the water to just witness Vian in the water and was holding my hand, his hair covering most of his forehead and eyes but were enough for me to gaze at them.

The sky was dark yet the moon and the stars were fulfilling their responsibility of providing us the light needed to conceal the darkness within and around us.