Chapter - 25

˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚˙༓࿇༓˙˚
𝟎𝟏 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫, 𝟐𝟎𝐗𝐗

"Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Vian!!
Happy Birthday to you!" Cassandra and Mia wished Vian on his 15th birthday when Vian woke up to the sweetness-filled wishes and lovely faces of his family instead of the sun rays finding its path- crawling from between the blind shields.

"Thank you, Mom, thank you little Mia, I love you the most," Vian said with a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

The past few years have been so exhausting for him, rather for Cassandra and Mia as well. The continuous pressure of studies put by his father in the form of vicious taunts along with the everyday unwanted quarrels and fights initiated by his father with his mom whether due to lack of money or just his mood, they knew that they were all screwed by living with John.

Vian and Mia were not small kids, they had grown up, yet they were treated as naive kids, the punishments for them were the same. They all were afraid of John's attitude, as they were ignorant of when he would get angry and get all psycho mad at them.

This shouting became their everyday thing, even they didn't know when they got used to it. But one thing was clear yet ignored- they didn't deserve all of John's bullshit and wrath.

For the past few days, Vian was a little happy. And the reason- was that John and Vian had a fight over some useless issue and his father abandoned him. They were living under one roof, yet they acted as the other person didn't exist.

The idea of not talking to his father and ignoring him on his face like he didn't exist amused Vian with happiness.

Seeing Vian happy with this made Cassandra have ominous feelings. She could guess that it was not good, Vian's careless attitude showed signs of...depression.

Coming back to Vian's birthday, around 7 or so in the evening when Cassandra came back from work, Vian ran with teary eyes towards her.

"What happened Vian? Why are you crying on your special day, huh?" Cassandra asked with a worried expression on her face.

"Mom, Mia and I haven't e-eaten anything s-since morning... Dad said he won't cook anything," Vian responded, catching his breath with sobbing eyes.

"Vian, you should have called me, I would have ordered something," Cassandra replied with a worried expression. She wasn't shocked at the revelation of John not making food, as this was not new for them.

"Dad told Mia if we try to make anything or order something, he would burn all of it. He also said that we should die as early as possible."

"What? How dare he-" Cassandra's heart was filled with sorrow, seeing her children in a helpless condition. She stormed towards her bedroom only to find John sleeping peacefully.

"Don't you have any responsibility towards our kids? Have you even wished Vian for his birthday?" Cassandra shouted.

"This bastard lives or dies, I don't care, and for the world to know, I posted a picture of this filthy child on webgram. What should I do more?" John replied like he didn't even care.

"Why didn't you cook anything?" Cassandra asked, glaring at him while controlling the tears brimming in her eyes, ready to fall.

"Why should I? Am I their slave? They have hands, let them make food themselves."

"Are you in this house just to have fun? You know that kids are studying, and they need a proper diet-"

"Don't speak against me otherwise, I'll cut that mouth of yours," John shouted.