Chapter - 8

JOSEPHINE'S POV

I opened my eyes and found myself lying in a forest surrounded by enormous emerald-deep green trees. There was white smoke everywhere due to which I couldn't see properly what was ahead of me. The forest was covered with big trees like a shelter not letting even the moonlight in.

 The forest was covered with big trees like a shelter not letting even the moonlight in

I could hear the sound of water moving in slow tides like a lake was somewhere nearby.

I looked around myself petrified of where I was and how in the world did I get there? I followed the sound of the moving water and started walking towards it.

Just as I started moving, I heard the sound of water from the opposite direction. My breathing got unsteady and I could hear the beating of my heart abnormally.

I stopped in my tracks towards an endless end trying to catch my breath and I heard some sound. It was like a swan was singing. Ughh not again!!

I brought my trembling hands towards my face and wiped off the cold sweat looking around nonchalantly.
I was scared. I looked in every direction but I was not able to figure out where to go.

"Xav!" I called for his name but there was no answer. My voice just echoed and nothing came back.

"Mom, are you there! I am scared!" I screamed and broke down.

There was no answer. I could feel someone's presence there. I was not alone. "Hello!!! Is anybody there?" I asked but my voice came out hoarse.

I ran in no direction and stopped after a while and sat under a tree. I could still hear the faint sound of swan singing and it was terrifying.

Suddenly I felt cold. I could hear my teeth making a crackling sound.
There was ice in the middle of the forest. Wait-What?
Ice but only on a particular spot. How could that even be possible? The air became windy and curiosity started to build within me.

I took slow steps towards it and scattered the dry leaves from it.
I saw...

I saw the last thing that I could ever expect.

I saw a body of a person lying below the ice and he was the same person whom I get flashes of.

Those eyes were the same that I saw on the plane.
Who was he?
I bent down and touched the ice a little. And before I could do anything, the ice broke down and I fell into the water.

It felt like the chilled water dried up blood from my veins. I opened my eyes a little while struggling with my hands and feet under the water.

The guy opened his eyes wide enough for me to see and held my hands in his.
I was not struggling anymore and I looked into his dark orbs.

I was not able to recognize him but his face, I had seen it so many times now. Who the hell was he? I repeatedly asked myself.

His long hair was making strides into the blue water and there were deep cuts across his face. He had a wound near his belly as blood was oozing out of it turning the blue-colored water into deep shades of red. The thought of being under the water catching my breath and simultaneously seeing a stranger not so stranger holding my hand sent shivers down my spine.
He came closer to me and--

"Hey, Jo wake up!"

I opened my eyes and found myself in the plane, my head on Xavier's shoulder and drool all over his jacket.

I was panting like crazy, it felt like I couldn't breathe that I was still under the water and instead of drooling I was coughing out the water that was settled into my lungs.

"Hey, it was just a dream, everything is alright, you are okay," Xav assured me while rubbing my back a little.

Nothing was okay. Something was wrong and I felt that. I nodded my head and smiled a little.

Hey, everything will be fine. Don't stress about it.

Mhmm. Did I ever saw him somewhere before? Like in real?

Yes, you had.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

A/N

Hey 🦋,
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Stay tuned for more of these exciting incidents in Jo's life.
Remember this chapter till the end! Just sayin'😌
Much love❤