Chapter - 28

Should I tell him I like him? Isn't it too early? He could be just a simple crush of mine, but I don't know, I just want to be with him

Should I tell him I like him? Isn't it too early? He could be just a simple crush of mine, but I don't know, I just want to be with him. What should I do? I thought while fidgeting with my hands, roaming around the house.

Calming down and taking a deep breath, that's what I say to Vian when he has one of those panic attacks, I cleaned the home for the second time to pass the time until he comes.

I was wearing a grey comfy hoodie with black sweats, my hair into a messy bun, some highlighted strands of which were falling near my neck. My black rounded spectacles sat on my small nose, covering a large portion of my face.

Scratching at the back of my nape with my long acrylics, I wondered what to talk to him.

I may talk a lot, and by a lot I mean, I could just talk effortlessly non-stop. But whenever he is around, my mind just sends me nervous signals directly connecting from my heart that don't let me say even a single word.

Chuckling at how I fell for him, the memories of how he cared for Josephine played in my mind. Catching his gaze at the very moment, my heart wanted me to be the one for him instantaneously.

Not just as a best friend but to be his. A small place for me in the big heart of his soul.

Ding Dong!

I heard the bell sound and ran towards the main gate, caressing my face and hair for the last time, in a hurry to look presentable I opened the door.

"Hey, Casey!" he said with a bright smile on his face, making my heart go silent. Hey, my heart, wake up, you need to beat for this man.

"H-hi Xavier!" I said politely looking at him. I didn't realize that he was still standing outside until he snapped his fingers at my drooling face.

It was a little embarrassing for me, but I didn't care what people thought of me. Because I am who I am. But this young man's approval was all I needed.

I pushed my spectacles upward a little, a habit of mine I adopted from Vian when he wore his reading glasses.

Pushing my body aside to make space for him to enter the house, I closed the door when he stood in the living area, looking nonchalantly.

"Thanks for coming at such short notice," I said and gestured for him to be comfortable.

"To be honest, the best plans are those which are made at the last minute, so there's no big of a deal," he cheered looking at the photo frames while being seated on the couch.

"I'll ready some fresh snacks then we can jump right into the movie," I said enthusiastically to which he grinned and passed me a bag that was full of wafers, pringles, and some soda. "No need, I got it all sorted."

"Still, we need popcorn though," I widen my eyes at him like there was a game going on and my point would lead to victory.

"Okay, jeez, you win!" He let out a small laugh and got up from the couch.