Chapter - 20

Home

Home.

I'll not call it a home because it was not the place where one could live peacefully like a family, it was the place I spent my life in like a locked-up criminal.

To the outer world, we were so happy and a perfect family, but people living inside that house had their hearts filled with fear and sorrow.

There was a time when things hurt me like an explosion of pain rushing through my veins. Even to hear that person's voice made my heart go abnormal with uncountable drops of tears to shed.

But now, nothing bothered me anymore. The pain was still there, but I didn't feel it. Instead of crying my heart out, my heart had learned to control these emotions.

Just looking blankly outside the window through the curtains felt good. I was not passing my time, but it was peaceful.

I always had the thought of running away, but I couldn't. The face of my mom and my sister buried that thought deep down somewhere, even I didn't know where.

Wish I had the courage, wish I was not that weak. I trailed my hand down the bruises I had, which once were new and fresh. The pain was no more, but it was alive in those memories.

I felt my heart bumping rapidly inside my chest that I could hear it beating loudly. My shaking leg and my uneven breathing didn't do any justice either.

I never believed in intuitions because I had never felt so, but premonition was one such feeling that crossed my mind and heart-- something was going to happen. Something was not right; never in my life was, but a different feeling was there which gave me goosebumps. Maybe, it was just my fear?

I closed my eyes to blink, but it felt like I never opened them. A black environment took over and the only sound I heard was my heart on speaker.

"Please don't, I beg of you, PLEASE!" I said between my sobs, my voice not wanting to come out. My trembling lips quivered in fear, my watery eyes blurred my vision, my breathing hitched not even letting me sigh in fear. I licked my upper lip and took a deep breath, gulping in fear, I stood there frozen.

I knew what was going to happen again. And I was so not ready for it. Until...

I saw a red door which was never in my house, everyone looked at it, some had tears rolling down their cheeks while some had a smirk plastered on their face.

I looked at the door blankly, and I could figure out the embossment on it. There was a number '2301'. My mind stopped working when I heard the creaking sound of the door opening and there a girl walked in.

Her teeth made a crackling sound, with pure rage and aggression visible in her eyes. Her hands curled into fists, turning her knuckles white. A low growl escaped from her lips.

"Coffee?"

A new voice came from somewhere and the blankness started to fade away.
I shutter opened my eyes and sat immediately panting breathlessly. The cold beads of sweat formed on my forehead, erupting a sense of irritation. I pushed back my damp hair and sighed in frustration.