Chapter - 32

Flimsy whimpers and unsteady gasps caught my attention, propelling me to open my eyes from my slumber the next morning

My body moved under the duvet on the bed seeking for the uncanny dismay until I puffed and realized it was not the alarm but a person's unrhythmic breathing.

I shutter opened my eyes and sat abruptly to find Vian sleeping on the small couch that even he had to fold up his legs to conform to on the couch.

Recalling how I protested to sleep on the couch because of my diminutive self but all he did was taking a pillow and slept on the couch ignoring my little rant.

I felt my insides churn, seeing his sleeping figure shuddering and mewling like he was in a nightmare.

Getting up from the bed and caressing my arms because of the ice-cold weather, I went closer towards the couch. "Vian..." I whispered in his ear while caressing his messy hair.

Unlike the ice outside, his body was warm, sweat beads on his forehead making his frizzy hair bangs stick to his forehead.

"Hey, it's okay, calm down..." I said to his unconscious figure, who was in pain.

"Vian!" I spoke a little louder, my voice coming out hoarse because I felt abominable seeing him like this.

I admit, it was not because I was pitying him, but because I cared for him. A lot. Whatever had happened to him was in the past, I just wanted him to be blissfully happy now. It was when I started to cognize that maybe... maybe I like him?

That's what the universe is trying to tell you for a very long time now. Applaud.

Just as I took his name once again, he shot opened his eyes and stayed still in the same position, just his eyes roaming around making him realize a different environ he was transferred into.

His eyes met mine, and he immediately got up, sitting quiet with me beside him. "Take deep breaths, everything is fine, okay?! It was just a nightmare," I said and cupped his face in between my hands.

"Nightmare?" He asked shakily, to which I nodded at him. I hugged him and caressed his back to calm him down.

He brought his hands tardily towards my back and wrapped his hands softly around my body, and tightened his grip gradually.

"I- I-" he tried to speak, but I shushed him and said, "it's okay, everything is okay now!" I continued to pat his back until he was breathing normally, and I broke the hug.

Bitch, at least listen to what he wants to say.

Let him be okay, first?

Are you dumb? What if he wanted to share something which you always wanted to know?

Well, too late now.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

I was busy imagining about how tired I was going to get after the trek we were about to go on.