Chapter - 47

I catch my shaky breath and looked upward to see some distant faces who were never emotionally connected to me but were now to my story

It took me a lot of courage to write that ending where I had to make myself nothing but a slightly good enough to remember human.

We were writing our own story like a diary entry everyday, never knew that the ending would be just mine by my creation of a 7 year leap distress.

Though, I tried to throw some light, throw some positivity as I still believed our love was true, our love was real, our love was bonded by souls, because we were the echt soulmates. Which made me oppugn of writing the part of us dying together at the same time because maybe, our souls wanted peace together if not walking life.

"This was our story. A story of love, betrayal, treachery. Our story, which had not a happy ending. Based on a real story of mine, except for the end, of course. Thank you."

I closed the manuscript in my hands while I finished reading the last page of my book, of Vian's and mine to be exact, but since he had withdrawn from the university, I submitted this project of writing a novella on my own.

I concluded my novella with those last lines, which I never thought felt the need to be out this way. I didn't know when Vian said he wanted to have a dark end to the story, it would become true. Seriously, on a death note.

With just the epilogue left for us to write of our own story which we dedicated to our novella for the literary art project, I gave it the ending, Vian wanted from the start. The ending that we might get someday, the only difference is if I would be able to meet him the last time.

Everything was true, though. Our start, how we met extraordinarily, how we fell in love, how he left me in the end, how did that bracelet resounded... what happens after 7 years is still to be discovered by the both of us in our own different lives.

A sudden silence filled the classroom as I concluded my thoughts. Some students and even the professor knew that this was personal. Somehow they had seen this story evolving. I changed the ending to a sad one because it was the reality. I had understood, that despite how much I fantasize, romanticize a fairy tale of mine, the reality of life can't be changed. And the reality was... that he had left me. Us was never possible now, but I made a promise to myself to wait for him. A soul promise.

"You shouldn't lose hope, Josephine, as much as I loved your book... ah, sorry, you are such a bright star-" Professor started to give her review but her voice broke. She went to her desk and gulped some water, where I was standing in the middle of the lecture room trying to get the broken pieces of myself together to run away.

"I don't want to be a bright star because in the end, the brighter you are, the darker your shadow gets," I said and bowed my head at the professor and then at the whole class listening to my story in silence, and took my bag and ran out. I couldn't face what I had let myself into.
I couldn't show how much this all has affected me, his absence has affected me.