Chapter - 27

I looked blankly outside the window as I couldn't see anything because of the darkness that took over the clear sky

The heat erupting from the heater lost its track of providing warmth when the temperature of the outer world changed its direction.

Lowering the car window, a sudden breeze hit my nose, sending shivery tingles to my body. My dark brown strands of hair got juxtaposed with the outside darkness.

I believe the universe gives signals. The shade of the sky reflects the contrasting aura and helps set the tone of a person's deportment. Like a sudden strike of happiness when the rain pours.

You (you), you are (you are) my universe
And I (I) just want (just want) to put you first~

Stop singing!

In the twinkling light of the night sky, with no set destination, I looked at him in disguise, thinking of what that small smile meant which was plastered on his face.

It was not that I was afraid or something, but a little eerie because I didn't know where we were headed to.

After a while of silence, he stopped the car at an uncanny spot and got out of the car. Walking towards my side, he opened the door for me, signaling from his eyebrows that we had reached the place.

Distant chatter and murmurs could be heard, but when I roamed my eyes to take in the view, it was nothing but darkness covering the moonlight.

Was it the weather that was not on my side or something else was going to happen- which was not giving good vibes.

"Wait here, okay? I'll be back soon!" He said in my ear from back in a husky voice, startling me all of a sudden.

"Wait-" before I could have said, he was gone. I focused on the sounds clearly while I closed my eyes.

As if you are able to see with open eyes! Haha.

I heard the sound of waves moving in slow tides. The direction of the wind helped me to guess that there was an ocean nearby.

"So, you are finally here, huh?" Someone hissed at me and I knew I would be dead anytime soon because my heart skipped some beats together because of fear.

I yelled in response to see who was that person and looked at the person, but I couldn't see him because of the lack of light in my life.

"Who is it?" I asked in a trembling voice.

"You shouldn't have met him, why did you come back? Now suffer the consequences," the person hissed at me again in a venomous voice.

"Joe-e-e!" I heard Vian's voice from the other side and I turned around to face him.

"Sorry to let you wait, all is set, let's go," he said in an excited tone and I looked back at the person to find... no one.

I was sure that I saw someone and heard him. 'I shouldn't have met him? Why did I come... back? Consequences?' I recalled the words he spatted. Met who?