Chapter 1 - Change

════════════════════════════════

Chapter 1 — Change

Notes: Lola and Lolo is Tagalog for grandma and grandpa

Notes: Lola and Lolo is Tagalog for grandma and grandpa. I switch using them both.

════════════════════════════════

"I think that's the last of the boxes Lola!"

Setting down a box of belongings in their new house in Gotham, Y/n looked around at the manor.

It was big, a bit bigger than her family's other manor, but it had that homey feeling, which had attracted her grandparents into buying the manor.

They had moved to Gotham to get a change as Y/n's grandpa stated before. He discussed with Y/n that she'd still be going to Hogwarts, him apparating to the Weasley's a few days before she had to go on the train.

Of course, that is if he woke up on time. In that case, he had many backups. Flu Powder, Portkeys, her grandma to apparate her instead.

Y/n had her own backup, transferring many of her galleons into muggle money and being able to buy tickets all the way to London to stay at the Leaky Cauldron inn.

Being pureblooded did not mean Y/n didn't have muggle technology. Her family used muggle technology, making sure to keep it away from magic.

Walking to the living room, she found her grandpa levitating things to their new position as her grandma was in the kitchen.

"I'll be helping you unpack your room in a moment Y/n, alright?" He told her, while jokingly levitating the flower pot on her head.

Gently swatting it away, Y/n scoffed softly with a smile as she agreed, going to help her grandma on the quest for food.

"Oh, Y/n put the tomatoes over there, will you? Zooky is cleaning the house for dust.

And Zooky, their very loyal house elf. He was more of a friend then a servant to Y/n, always being there for her. He never accepted clothes from them, he didn't want to leave. Zooky loved the L/n's very much.

════════════════════

Being sent out of the house to explore the area, Y/n started walking towards the city. A new day had started, and after getting some sleep on her comfortable bed, she needed an adventure of sorts.

Knowing that some weird adventure was going to happen next school year anyways as Harry as one of her best friends, she didn't seek for that much excitement. She stayed away from creeps, dark corners, alleyways, and weird people. Y/n stayed near others for more safety.

There were many expensive shops looking to rob people of their money, but also rich people flaunting their money left and right. Cars buzzed buy at fast speeds and the buildings seemed as tall as the Astronomy Tower.

Y/n smiled a little bit as she spotted the irregular shop a little way down. Muggles past by it with no interest, it was as if it wasn't there at all.

The words Tiny Treasures was on the hanging sign, and Y/n went inside. It looked like a normal shop with a normal cashier but Y/n had been here many times before. The cashier winked at Y/n and she smiled back, knowing the cashier was far from ordinary. 

Heading towards the bathrooms, she went to the family one. Placing the tip of her wand at the door, the sign switched from Family to Wizards and Witches.

Opening the door, she was met with the familiar sight of Cantervern. It was like Diagon Alley except more bigger and busy. Buying some Chocolate Frogs (and a licorice wand for Zooky), Y/n made her way back to her new home.

The first chapter. Wooh! Very short but that's okay! There's more chapters!

Signed,
S. Skyalent