Chapter 29 -The Bucket List (Part 3)

════════════════════════════════

Chapter 29 —The Bucket List (Part 3)

"Alfred???"

════════════════════════════════

Their 5 day fun at Disney soon ended and Y/n could tell everyone had so much fun. Currently, they were heading to the beach for their beach day before heading back home.

Bruce had already called in advance and had plans ready to make this last day the most fun Y/n had ever had with her family.

"It's the beach! Woah look!" Y/n exclaimed as she set her hands against the glass of the car (that they rented, Y/n insisted very persistently that they should rent and not buy a car).

"You act like you've never been at the beach before." Tim responded to her, looking up from his phone.

"I-I have! It's... It's just been a, uh, a very... long time." she slowly went quiet as a distant look came upon her face and Tim panicked, Jason nudging him whispering in his ear, "Good going."

But it quickly disappeared as the car stopped and they exited the car.

"Last one there is a rotten tomato!" Dick yelled as he raced towards the beach, everyone else running behind him.

Y/n, not being as fast as them (for obvious reasons, her brothers literally train in agility), was picked up by Jason, let her get on piggy back style, and sprinted forwards.

— — — — — — — — —

"W-what is that thing Jason's doing!?!?" Y/n looked towards Jason who was surfing. She turned to Alfred who handed her a board similar to Jason's. "Alfred???"

"It's a surfboard Miss Y/n."

"I'm never going to get you to just say Y/n, am I?"

"I'm afraid not."

"What does it do?"

A hand suddenly ruffled her hair from behind, causing her to turn abruptly, hitting the person with the surfboard. "Hey- Ow!" Dick yelled, "Okay, I admit, that wasn't the best idea."

"Sorry Dick."

"Don't apologize Miss Y/n, it is Master Dick's fault after all."

"ALFRED!" Dick exclaimed in mock offense. Alfred smiled before walking away. If Dick had the energy to respond like that, he wasn't severely hurt, so he went to go do other things knowing Dick would explain everything to Y/n.

"Anyways Y/n, a surfboard is kinda like a broom except you stand on it, balance on it, and ride the waves as it pushes you. Here, I'll teach you."

As Dick taught Y/n how to use a surfboard, Damian was figuring out a way to get Y/n's attention back again. So, he decided to surf as well and his plan succeeded.

"Woah, Damian you can surf too?!"

Damian smirked in accomplishment and his family (minus Y/n) noticed and laughed quietly to themselves.

═════════════

By the end of the afternoon, Y/n was able to balance properly on the surfboard to ride the waves for a good few seconds before she lost balance. Her smile seemed to be glued onto her face and the excitement and pure joy somehow refreshed her (usually crime fighting tense) family.

Bruce's plan had arrived. A boat had come to take them to a marine reserve (A/N: I think that's right, idk- a friendly marine part of the ocean where people can visit, that's what I was aiming for...) where they could swim with the fish and ocean wildlife there. It stopped on what was like a raft that was near a coral reef.

Tim had taken many pictures of his family as they swam with many colorful fish who were attracted by bits of food the workers(?) had placed in the water. It seemed they were used to normal visitors since they weren't frightened coming close.

Soon enough, Y/n had managed to convince Tim to just get off his phone and join them.

"Y/n there could literally be sharks."

"But you're Red Robin. Are you seriously more scared of sharks than all the bad guys you've faced?"

"He is, Y/n. Drak- Tim is a scaredy pants." Damian responded since he was nearby, making Tim rebuttal, "No I'm not! Alright Y/n, I'm coming, give me a moment." causing Y/n to laugh.

As soon as Tim came into the water, from a distance the family could see a fin popping out of the water. "Oh come on! I was literally kidding about the sharks."

Y/n squinted and shook her head, looking at the fin coming closer as her brothers panicked, Bruce trying to convince Y/n to come back onto the raft as Alfred stood close to the edge of the raft, ready to potentially jump and attack a shark.

"It's a dolphin. See how the fin is curved? Sharks aren't like that. A shark has a straight dorsal fin." Y/n stated and her statement was proved when the dolphin jumped gracefully, other dolphins that were swimming under the water came up and jumped after it.

"Dolphins can still be aggressive Y/n, so please get out of the water." Bruce seemed to plead and Y/n swam in the direction of the raft but before she could get any nearer, the dolphins had already approached.

It seemed that Y/n's magical creature charm also applied to animals as well since the dolphin gave her a friendly nudge to her hand, insisting for a rub which Y/n hesitantly gave. Seeing the dolphin respond positively, Y/n's smile returned and Alfred secretly took a picture.

He was just so happy that all of his family could get together and enjoy time like this. Alfred would treasure this week long vacation forever.

I don't have anything to say, really... but I just typed something :) 

Signed, 
Skyalent