Chapter 33 - Magic Mayhem

════════════════════════════════

Chapter 33 — Magic Mayhem

"Quick! Go, go go! Dick run!"

════════════════════════════════

The twins had left before any of Y/n's family members (other than Alfred) had arrived. Though she shared everything she could with the twins. How she met other superheroes, experienced different muggle things, and how she was going to train her unusual magic without her wand.

The twins in turn shared how everyone else was doing in Hogwarts. It saddened yet made Y/n kind of happy to hear that her friends were still missing her. She didn't want them to be sad of course, but she couldn't give them any indication she was alive. Not just yet.

She wanted to make sure she mastered her skills in her own magic before revealing herself. It would be safer that way as Dumbledore said. If Voldemort found out about her abilities, he would definitely target her, to make her join him, or to get rid of her.

By honing her skills, she could protect herself better without her wand, and by improving in magic with her wand, no one would suspect she had used her own abilities.

She also told the twins to owl her under the alias "Nif" (short for niffler or course) to keep in touch since she hadn't made any more magical notebooks at the moment. She'd had to get to doing that soon.

Giving big hugs, promising to bring more magical sweets and treats, and more visits when they could, the twins apparated away. Checking the time, she predicted it would at least be an hour until someone came home, so she started with one of the first lessons she ever learned. Wingardium Leviosa.

Y/n shared everything she did during the day excitedly to her family during dinner. She had managed to levitate a feather without her wand, fingertips glowing (color). Anything heavier however, she would start to struggle, but her family were proud of her nevertheless.

The next day Y/n was having her own lesson. . . which was cut short because of a worried Dick. She had quickly popped her head through the fireplace to ask Cedric a question, and Dick had walked in carrying take-out for her as a surprise. He screamed so loud and fainted, Alfred came running in and Y/n quickly said bye to Cedric and turned to see Dick collapsed on the floor, food thankfully safe on the ground and not spilled.

Dick woke up on the couch later, silently watching his sister work on her own magic, watching the (color) glow. She was currently trying to transfigure a snail into a teapot and back. She managed to turn the snail into a teapot, but was having trouble turning it back. After, she practiced Wingardium Leviosa again, this time a bit much easier and soon, she didn't even have to say the incantation.