Chapter 5 - Slipping in Some Magic

════════════════════════════════

Chapter 5 — Slipping in Some Magic

"I think I need more coffee..."

════════════════════════════════

Y/n sat nervously at the table, trying to figure out a way to bring up her school abroad. The school year was coming around and she was hoping that Bruce would join them for dinner, but that was a rare occasion.

Y/n had already missed the Quidditch World Cup (mainly because she was grieving but that was understandable) but she was fine with that. After reading the Daily Prophet about a death eater riot she was glad she wasn't there but she was worried for her friends whom she knew attended the game. None of them wrote any letters but that was because it took a long time sending letters across the ocean.

Luckily for Y/n, Bruce entered the dining room, sitting down at the table. As they ate, Y/n took a deep breath before talking.

"Um, Bruce?"

"Yes?"

"I, um. I don't know if you know but I go to a private school abroad for advanced education."

"Alright, would you like to transfer to Gotham Academy? Tim and Damian go there as well."

"No, no- I like my school and I don't exactly want to say goodbye to my friends there."

"Well, where is your school located? What's its name?"

"I- um..."

Yeah this was not going well. What would she even say? They could search it up and find out it didn't exist!

Looking down at her lap, she saw a letter there, addressed to Bruce Wayne along with a licorice wand. Sighing inwardly in relief she gave the letter to Bruce while slipping the candy into her pocket.

Bruce took the letter and upon opening it the first words he saw was READ PRIVATELY. Closing the letter, he slipped it into his pocket before carrying on with dinner, Dick starting a random conversation.

═══════════════

Sitting in his office by himself Bruce opened the letter from earlier.

Dear Bruce Wayne,

The child you have taken into your custody attends a school for witchcraft and wizardry called Hogwarts.

Please do not tell anyone the existence of witches and wizards, which may cause a disruption and war into both our worlds.