Chapter 3 - Fire in the Dark

════════════════════════════════

Chapter 3 — Fire in the Dark

"Zooky-"

════════════════════════════════

Everyday, Damian met up with Y/n at the park. It was mostly Y/n talking, sometimes, Damian would be willing enough to play tag, but Damian would always hold back, not that Y/n knew.

Damian had already been to her house (the family switching their house dial to muggle setting, it was very helpful), meeting her Lola and Lolo. It was so confusing seeing the very in love grandparents being so friendly with him. It wasn't because they wanted something from him, no, he knew that. It was because he was Y/n's friend. How weird.

He never saw Y/n's parents, nor did she talk about them so he never brought it up. Soon, his other brothers and father found out about Y/n's existence, Alfred and Dick already knowing.

They wanted to meet her but Damian never let it happen. He didn't want his family messing up whatever friendship he had with Y/n.

It wasn't long before Y/n was aware of the existence of Batman and Robin. She read articles and stories about them. She was intrigued.

Y/n discussed them with Damian, who's pride and ego raised (unknowingly to Y/n) as Y/n complimented the vigilante team.

Damian walked around the city with Y/n, him expertly avoiding paparazzi, using that as an excuse to hold her hand. Y/n had managed to get them free ice cream after she had talked with the lady behind the counter. 

As they walked, Damian looked at her, recalling the interaction with the lady. "How'd you do that?" 

"Do what?" 

"Get us free ice cream? You spoke to her weird."

"Well, I just noticed that she seemed to adore cute children after watching her interaction with the kids in front of us. I'm pretty sure she thought we were on a date. Little kids on dates are adorable and if the girl takes charge it interprets them as like- in very much puppy love, which was probably why she gave us free ice cream." 

Damian couldn't understand a single thing she said and just nodded absentmindedly. "Women are way more complicated than the economy." 

"Hey!"

"Don't take it as an insult. You aren't a woman."

"Damian!" Y/n couldn't help the smile on her face as they playfully bickered, watching a small smile grow on his face as well. 

Damian unexpectedly looked around, spotting someone before taking Y/n's wrist and started to run.

"D-Damian what-"