Chapter 14 - Hidden Secrets

════════════════════════════════

Chapter 14 — Hidden Secrets

"I'm-"

════════════════════════════════

"Oh, hello there Hedwig. You didn't fly all the way over, did you?"

Damian watched as Y/n fed an unfamiliar owl a day before New Years (December 31st). She untied the letter from the owl's leg before turning to the owl. "I'll just let you stay here with me, okay? There's no point flying back when I'm returning to school the day after tomorrow."

The owl hooted, which had somehow attracted Oaklyn from Y/n's room. The two owls hooted at each other, before Oaklyn flew off, making Hedwig follow. Damian looked confused. "Y/n, who's owl is that? Another one of yours?"

"No, it's one of my friends. You wouldn't believe how many owls were trained like this (Y/n cringed on the inside, owls weren't trained, it was a relationship wizards/witches could form with owls or any other type of animal/magical creature)."

Damian seemed to accept the answer before looking at the letter in Y/n's hands. She noticed and smiled cheekily before placing the letter in her pocket and going towards her room to read it privately. Damian sighed, curious, but didn't bother trying to figure out what the letter read.

════════════════

Dear Y/n,

You're kind of lucky for deciding to go home for the holidays. Ron and Hermione keep fighting from time to time over Krum. It's starting to get annoying.

I remembered that your new family is muggle from past conversations, so Hermione helped me cast a spell to hide these two sentences from anyone other than you. I'm going to be writing, well, a bit more muggle-like just in case your family sees this letter.

The bird egg has finally hatched and we're trying to figure out what kind of bird it is. It's pretty difficult. I'm sure when you return you'll have an idea... hopefully.

The daily school newspaper has some awful articles about Hagrid. We've tried cheering him up, and he seems a bit better, but I think he'd feel better if you checked on him too. We could all go together to check on him. Oh, and don't ask about the article, it was just plain rude.

Here's some daily gossip around our school, though it's a bit boring:

One of our professor's friends, Mr. Crouch, hasn't been attending work lately. Do you think he'll get fired if he's absent for too long? Also, Bagman offered to help me cheat on a test. I'm not exactly impressed with him right now, and I definitely don't want his help.