Chapter 18 - A Day in Hogwarts

════════════════════════════════

Chapter 18 — A Day in Hogwarts

"Are we making a cult or something-"

════════════════════════════════

It was another regular day of Hogwarts. Students studying, hanging about, playing around and of course, gossiping. It seemed that in Hogwarts, gossip seemed to spread like a flood and traveled faster than a Zouwu.

Actually, maybe a bit slower than a Zouwu, Y/n rethought, Zouwus travel more than 1000 miles a day (if you don't know how far that is, picture it from Portland, Oregon, to San Diego, California).

Hermione was the talk of the school, after an article was made by Rita Skeeter, declaring that she was playing with the hearts of two boys, Victor and Harry. Victor seemed to be apologetic about the situation, he had never intended for Hermione to be brought into that kind of mess.

Out in the halls, in front of friends, and during class, Hermione seemed to remain strong, but Y/n knew that wasn't true. She could hear Hermione's silent sobs at night from all the stress and hate mail she had been receiving.

So Y/n was determined to make her feel better.

"Y/n where are we going? Ron and Harry are in the Great Hall, we're going the opposite way." Hermione asked as she was being dragged along by Y/n who had taken her hand.

"It's alright, they know that I'm stealing you to myself for a bit, come on, I've got something cool to show you." Y/n replied, getting closer to her destination.

After she had read all the books in the Hogwarts Library (minus the Restricted Section), Madam Pince was impressed and brought Y/n to the hidden library in Hogwarts, hidden behind a bookshelf after tapping specific shelves with a wand.

Once bringing Hermione here, her eyes seemed to be scanning the new shelves in shock, excitement hidden within her bones. Y/n caught her stance and smiled widely, "Go ahead Hermione," and she went off to find all the knowledge hidden to her before.

Safe to say, Hermione was happy the rest of the day.

═══════════════

"Cedric, meet Shroud, Shroud meet Cedric."

The smaller boy timidly shook the older boy's hand, who smiled kindly at him. Y/n wanted her brother (little and older) figures to meet, thinking that they'd like each other. It was odd and quiet at first, the younger one being a bit shy in front of the older one.

All until they came across a spider and Shroud geeked out. Cedric and Y/n smiled at the sight as Shroud went off on what type of spider it was and watched it crawl around. Cedric did his best not to flinch when Shroud put the spider on his shoulder. Y/n saw this and covered her amused laugh with a cough.

After Shroud had opened up to Cedric, they helped him with his homework and taught him some charms that were a grade above (safe and reasonable ones). Shroud was very grateful for the help because he was the one of many students who loved to procrastinate until the last minute.

"Bye Y/n! Cedric! See you later!" Shroud said as he returned to his common room.

Cedric and Y/n walked together, Cedric dropping off Y/n at her common room. "We're definitely adding him to our large magical family right?"

"Yes, Cedric, we are... wait a minute... Uh.. large magical family?"

"Yeah, the twins joined yesterday."

"Are we making a cult or something-"

"No! No, no cults. Just a family. Family away from family."

Y/n hummed as she held Cedric's hand and swung them as they walked, nearing her common room. "I think I'd like that."

═══════════════

"So Karkaroff's a death eater." 

"Mmhm." 

"And you met Padfoot without me 'cause I was sleeping." 

"Mmhm." 

"And you like me." 

"Mmh- H-HUH?"

"Just kidding Harry, calm down!" Y/n laughed as Harry's face flushed, making him even warmer as they sat next to the common room fire place. 

Y/n caught her breath and watched Harry's blush fade slightly. They made eye contact and looked at each other's eyes before Y/n smiled. "Well, there's not much we can do about the fact that he is a death eater, but we can be careful around him. Did you at least tell Padfoot that I said hi?" 

"Yeah, he sends his greetings as well." 

"Good, otherwise I would have been very cross with you." Y/n huffed, before taking something from her bag beside her. "You three always seem to miss me when I want to join in, so I'm going to give you this. It's for Dobby. And don't give me that look, I know you're going to go to the kitchens at one point without me. I already passed by and gave him my own mitch matched socks, so these are your pair to give, so you don't have to lose one of your own." 

Harry sighed, grateful for Y/n's thinking, "Thanks Y/n." 

"Don't mention it. Anyways, I've got to get going. I'm sneaking out tonight to see Hagrid. He says he's got something- someone to show me." 

"That sounds fun. Tell him I said hello."

"Will do." 

And with that, Y/n sneaked out of the common room and down the dark halls of Hogwarts. Harry looked at the socks given to him. It was a Batman and Robin themed pair of socks, one black and one red to be mitch matched, just the way Dobby preferred it. Getting up to place it away for later, Harry stretched and headed up to the boy dormitories, hoping for happy dreams or none at all. 

So, I haven't been able to find much time to make chapters, so I might be slow in publishing. But then again, by the time you read this, days, weeks, or even months have passed so I might have more chapters prepared. Currently, Halloween just passed and now it's November. What's going on right now for you??

Edit: Can't believe Christmas is almost nearing now! But no Christmas Special chapter because I technically did have one. I might have a special, but I'm not sure. What would you want the special to be about if I did post one?

Signed,
Skyalent