Chapter 13 - December the 26th

════════════════════════════════

Chapter 13 — December the 26th

"--you Americans say Merry Christmas instead of Happy Christmas!"

════════════════════════════════

"Do you have to leave??"

Even if the two only bonded over the few hours remaining of the gala last night, Shroud was already reluctant to let his new sister go home for the holidays.

They were 5 hours behind Gotham Time, Hogwarts being 1am and Gotham being 6am. Why was Shroud still awake that morning? Well, he had overheard from Malfoy's conversation in their common room that Y/n was leaving that morning, so he stayed up and snuck out to see her.

"Well, I did promise my family that I'd be returning today, Shroud." Y/n replied.

"Can't you take me with you?"

"You haven't gotten permission have you?"

"No, but I'm pretty sure I can fit in one of your bags."

"... Shroud, go back to your common room. I'll see you again at the end of break, okay? Oh, and I know I forgot to mention, but Happy Christmas."

"Fine. You better find me first thing though when you get back! Happy Christmas!" and Shroud ran off back to his common room, hoping that he wouldn't get caught.

════════════════

Bruce waited patiently for her daughter to return home, pacing around in his office in the early mornings of December 26th. None of the Wayne family wanted to celebrate Christmas without her, so they decided to move their Christmas to this day.

Recalling the letter he had received earlier, Y/n would be walking through his office fireplace at any minute now. He had made sure to lock the door, close the window curtains, and look for any cameras just in case. He was feeling a nervous excitement in seeing his daughter for the first time in months.

Bruce had barely gotten to know her before she had left for school, only taking her to some theatres and musicals around Gotham. But by now, he felt like he had known her since her birth. Over the months, they had been sharing letters with one another, or rather, an enchanted notebook to interact with one another.

Oaklyn had came flying into his office one day, carrying a brown parcel and a letter addressed to him. Inside contained a letter explaining what the notebooks in the parcel were. A magical communication of sorts. Write something, and it disappears into the twin notebook. Then the other can respond, both never having to worry about anyone else reading their messages because they erased themselves right after.