Chapter 23 - Forever Asleep

════════════════════════════════

Chapter 23 — Forever Asleep

"And an evil wizard named Vold- Voldmold did this to her

"And an evil wizard named Vold- Voldmold did this to her."

════════════════════════════════

It was like everything was a blur after that moment. Nothing seemed real anymore. Harry couldn't even hear the murmuring and chatter going on around him. Once he was finished with Mad Eye- Barty Crouch Jr, talking with Dumbledore and Sirius, getting his prize money (that he did not feel right receiving) from Fudge. Harry shut down.

Not just Harry seemed to shut down, his friends were unusually quiet as well. Hermione was reduced to sobs almost every minute. Ginny would see this and try not to cry, but then she would start and the twins would console her, but they too were unable to keep the tears out of their eyes. Ron kept putting his hands into fists before relaxing them, his used to be always starving stomach now did not have the appetite to eat any of the food set in front of him. He wanted to throw up.

The final dinner did not seem right with the empty spaces at the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables, both reserved for one of their members that were supposed to be there, but weren't. Dumbledore stood up and gave one final speech. Voldemort has returned. Harry didn't react as some students let out gasps of surprise and terror.

"And as for Cedric Diggory and Y/n L/n's..."

Harry sat up straighter. He struggled to get rid of the constant ringing in his ears to listen to Dumbledore's voice clearly. The hall was deathly silent and the two gaping spots seemed larger than ever.

"Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard working, intricately fair minded. And most importantly a fierce friend..."

Hermione's face buried into Ron's shoulder as Ron did not react, trying to contain his own tears from slipping past. The twins were no better, staring blankly at the spot they knew he should have been sitting at tonight. Their arms were wrapped around Ginny who kept her eyes closed.

"and Y/n L/n who was a close friend with many. Considered a sister to all those who know her, perhaps more..."

Shroud wasn't ashamed to cry silently and Draco held his hand under the table, knowing how much Y/n meant to the small boy.

"... Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory and Y/n L/n will not have left Hogwarts in vain, you remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy and girl who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end."