Chapter 4 - Grief and Recovery

════════════════════════════════

Chapter 4 — Grief and Recovery

"Oh, thanks Alfred!"

════════════════════════════════

Lying on the bed in the room given to her, Y/n stared blankly at the roof. Dried tears on her cheek, the only thing in her mind was the raging fire at the manor.

Turning her head to the side she saw her reflection in the large mirror that was her closet sliding door.

Eyes red and puffed, a frown on her face, hair messy. She turned away, facing the window, heart pounding as she remembered the moment.

It was only a few hours ago that they were alive. How Y/n wished she could get a Time Turner and just- change it all. But she knew that wasn't possible.

Well it was, but after last year and years before that she knew the consequences of messing with time.

A dark haired boy peeked into the room before closing the door again.

"How is she?"

"Not good Grayson."

"Well, that's to be expected." Tim said.

"You should go in Damian." Dick told the younger who was staring at the door. He looked at his older brother in question. "It's nice to have someone you know with you when you're grieving, but if she wants to be alone and says so, leave her be, but be available at a distance so she knows you're there for her, okay?"

Damian nodded before entering the room.

"Do you really think the demon spawn will be able to handle it?" Tim asked, an eyebrow raised.

Dick ran a hand through his hair before walking away with his brother. "I have hope that he does. Plus, he cares for her, so there isn't much to worry about. I caught him researching how to comfort someone grieving on his laptop. Don't tease him on this one though."

"Ugh why not?"

"Cause I'm going to. I call dibs!"

════════════════

Alfred knocked on Y/n's door, saying that he would be entering and was greeted with the sight of Y/n and Damian cuddling asleep on the bed.

Y/n seemed much more relaxed as she stayed near Damian. Damian opened an eye to see Alfred placing a plate down on the bedside table.

He closed it again as he heard Alfred walk out and slowly close the door.

The two 14 year olds opened their eyes, and quietly shared the food.