Chapter 34 - Defending and Training

════════════════════════════════

Chapter 34 — Defending and Training

"You were whisked into a family cult with Cedric and Y/n weren't you?"

════════════════════════════════

Umbridge was- is unbelievable. #1 worst professor ever at Hogwarts. Harry had already gotten a detention and Hermione wasn't sure to be proud of him for sticking up for Y/n and Cedric, or absolutely furious that he had already gotten into trouble.

Ron was trying to keep them all together. To fill in the unfillable space. They all tried acting like nothing was wrong when everything was.

Walking down the hallways without their fourth member, they overheard a conversation of 2 Slytherin boys. 1 seemed familiar to them, but couldn't put a name on the familiar boy.

The other Slytherin was going off on Cedric, insulting him, and Hermione and Ron were trying to keep Harry from assaulting the boy. But then they moved on to Y/n.

"Pbft- Y/n? That stupid Gryfindor? It was coming for her, she and that Hufflepuff."

Before Harry, Ron and Hermione could say anything, another was quicker to it. Unable to hold back any longer, the familiar boy stopped walking.

"Don't."

"W-what? Shroud-"

"No. Y/n isn't stupid."

"Yes she is-"

"NO!" Shroud yelled, "She isn't stupid! Y/n isn't stupid! She's amazing! She's- S- she's... Y/n and Cedric are my older siblings and I won't tolerate you saying mean stuff about them!"

"Shroud-"

"I don't think we should be friends anymore."

"What?"

"You heard me. I don't want to be friends with someone who talks behind peoples backs and says mean stuff about others. It isn't nice."

Shroud's ex-friend scoffed before walking away. Shroud paused then let out a shaky sigh as tears left his eyes. "Y/n isn't stupid," he whispered to himself again before walking the other direction.

Quickly following the boy they now knew as Shroud, someone they remembered Y/n talked about with pride and love, Hermione put her hand on his shoulder stopping him.

"I said I- um... wait aren't you Y/n's friends?"

"You were whisked into a family cult with Cedric and Y/n weren't you?"

"Yeah... so?"

Hermione hugged Shroud suddenly and all the tears he had tried to keep inside spilled. Ron patted Shroud's shoulders supportingly.