Chapter 46 - Cold

════════════════════════════════

Chapter 46 — Cold

"They're just shadows, Y/n

"They're just shadows, Y/n. I'll protect you."

════════════════════════════════

The plans for visiting the Dursleys were going to have to wait. Crime rates in Gotham had suddenly risen and Y/n found herself constantly in the batcave, trying to help in the chair as all of her family members had to be out and about fighting in Gotham.

"Batman, the Penguin has this underwater submarine. He's using it to escape."

"Thanks (Codename)."

Y/n yawned as she carefully watched the cameras, before Alfred insisted her to go rest in her bedroom. Saying goodnight to Alfred, she made her way to her bedroom, her feet dragging as she went. Taking out a piece of paper, she started writing.

Hey Megumi, it's about midnight where I am, so I'm about to head to bed. How are you, Nobara and Yuuji? Oh and Satoru. You all are taking care, right? How have your missions been?

Y/n started to change into her pajamas as she waited for a response. Putting on her pajama shirt, a light shone from the paper.

Itadori is gone

Gone? Did he run away?

... he's dead

Y/n stood speechless as she read the two words over and over again.

Pass the paper to Satoru

Y/n waited, needing to confirm if her friend was dead. Yes, she trusted Megumi, but if Yuuji was dead, then she would hold Satoru responsible considering he is their teacher.

Y/n-chan~! Hiii!

You read what's been written, please tell me, even if you erase it later, is Yuuji really dead?

Y/n grumbled as Satoru took a long time to reply, but her eyes quickly went to the paper once it glowed again.

Don't tell Megumi or anyone else. Yuuji is a-okay! He's under training with yours truly! So don't tell anyone, or they could get jealous ;p

Sighing a breath of relief, Y/n erased her question just as Satoru erased his response, replacing it with something else.

Gojo how could you! Yuuji was under your care, you should have protected him!

Y/n wrote with false anger, knowing that Satoru would understand.

I'm sorry

Leaving the conversation like this, Y/n put the paper away, finally heading to bed.