Chapter 11 - Y/n's Date

════════════════════════════════

Chapter 11 — Y/n's Date

"I would love too! You're so hot Y/n

"I would love too! You're so hot Y/n."

════════════════════════════════

Harry completed the First Task just fine. According to him, Y/n's bracelet helped when he flew off. He rang the bells when it got too close and the dragon stopped breathing fire at him and calmed down. It flew off back to the Forbidden Forest where Y/n found it later that day during midnight to say goodbye to the dragons.

Now, with a screeching egg as hint for the second task, Harry's decided to procrastinate in figuring it out, which Y/n did not blame him for. Harry and Ron made up with each other which made both Y/n and Hermione happy. Now, currently Y/n was spending time with Ginny and Luna, talking about Nargles and Wrackspurts.

Since she was spending time with them instead, she wasn't with her 3 best friends when they went to the kitchens and saw Dobby and Winky. According to them, Winky was in a horrible state, Hermione kept saying that Winky doesn't realize that Crouch was horrible to her, but Hermione still doesn't understand that some (most) house elves like serving.

Winter surely brought in the cold and snow and Y/n was still debating if she wanted to go home for Christmas with her new family or stay at Hogwarts to attend the gala. In the end, she had made up a plan.

Christmas break started the 24th of December all the way up to the day after New Year's (2nd January). So, she would be staying for the gala on the 25th, then returning back home on the 26th. She already discussed with Professor McGonagal about it and had gotten permission from her and Bruce.

She also needed to pick out a dress. Though Damian reassured her that he would be sending her the most beautiful dress that everyone would be in awe. He also asked if Oaklyn could handle it and Y/n replied with a yes. Based on his descriptions and the comments from her other new family members about Damian's excitement, her dress was going to be beautiful.

While waiting for her dress to arrive, she was also deciding who she should ask out to go with her to the gala. Yeah, that's right, she was picking. Why did the boys automatically have the right to ask girls out while they wait patiently only to have to be disappointed because the boy didn't have the guts or they asked someone else.

She had already pushed Cedric into asking Cho out and influenced many of her other friends and acquaintances. Victor had gone to her asking advice on how to ask Hermione out, her answer being just ask her while they were studying together, that's often when Hermione pays attention the most so long as you know the subject you're talking about. Y/n left out that Hermione only actually listened to see if he knew more than she knew and would write it down, or she would have the opportunity to correct him.

She assumed that her male friends already had dates (when that was far from the truth) and went off looking for someone to ask. If it came to it, she would be her own date to the ball. Walking into her shared dormitory, she finally found the person she wanted to ask.

Standing there a bit awkwardly, a small blush on her cheeks, she looked into the girl's gorgeous eyes. She stared right back into her own, as if admiring them. Clearing her throat, Y/n smiled sheepishly, "W-would you like to go with me to the Yule Ball? That is.. if you don't have a date yet."

The girl smiled, mirroring Y/n's expression, "I would love too! You're so hot Y/n."

"Did you seriously just ask yourself out?" Came the voice of an amused Hermione who had just walked into the dorm. Y/n turned away from her beautiful reflection on her standing mirror to look at Hermione with a serious look.

"I just had to. It was love at first sight, I couldn't throw away my shot!"

Hermione laughed and Y/n smiled in accomplishment. "Now, please excuse me Hermione, I need to go flirt with this wonderful being in this mirror to make sure she doesn't ditch me at the gala."

 ═══════════════════

With the gala being a few days away, the twins, Draco and Harry couldn't muster up the courage to ask Y/n out to the gala. Though she didn't travel in packs like Ron had said, she did travel. It was hard actually trying to seek her out, and that's when they first realized how much Y/n wasn't in their lives all the time.

They had gotten so used to her being there that they didn't realize she was gone for so long until she popped up again. Harry checked the map, but Y/n never seemed to stay still. As soon as he got to where she once was, she was already gone. The only times the boys found her was when she seeked them out herself.

Currently, they were all sitting eating dinner and a random Hufflepuff boy went to her, asking if she could be his date. Unintentionally *cough cough* listening in, her friends heard her response. "Sorry, I've got a date already, I'm sure you'll be able to find someone else though, you're very charming."

The Hufflepuff blushed slightly at the compliment, nodding in understanding before walking away. Ron quickly turned to Y/n. "Well, we know that apparently Hermione's going with someone, but you're going with someone too!?"

Y/n cheekily smiled, "Yeah, I asked them out myself. I'm super happy!"

Hermione smiled with a knowing expression, deciding to play along, "Mmhm, Y/n's date is amazing. 10/10 if you asked me. Way better than my date."

Y/n's smile grew at her best friend's words, "Thanks 'mione."

"But who is it?" the twins asked, coming up from behind Y/n. Y/n shook her head, "My date's super hot and I can't let you two steal my date away so no, I will not tell you lot."

"But you told Hermione!"

"That's cause Hermione walked into me asking my date out! Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got an essay to write."

"Oh, I'll come join you." Hermione added, getting up with Y/n as they walked out of the Great Hall with their arms linked, happy expressions on their faces.

Harry groaned, "And still no date for us..." 

Why, hello there. Hum, I wonder who Y/n's date to the ball is... 

Hey, Y/n... can I be your date to the ball?

Signed, 
Skyalent