| fourteen ; separated and overcame with devastating news

the shadow in the light

chapter fourteen; separated and overcame with devastating news

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"you may be far away from me, but you are close to me in my thoughts."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"gosh, jin-woo, you need to listen to me," y/n said as she and jin-woo walked out from a cafe they were dining at.

jin-woo still looked traumatised by the flashing lights around him, which y/n found amusing.

"anyways, i'll be heading back to the demon castle. are you coming along?" he asked.

y/n pursed her lips and shook her head, "i can't follow you this time. though i'd love to."

"why not?" he asked and there was a tone of disappointment in it.

"i have to train," y/n said. "i feel like my skills got rusty. and since i just got introduced to the system, i have to start using those skills like you have."

jin-woo nodded his head, "well i'll be gone for quite some time. take care of yourself okay?"

y/n smiled and crossed her arms, "shouldn't i be saying that to you? after all, aren't you the one fighting enemies?"

"yeah, yeah. i'll be fine, i get stronger after all," jin-woo responded.

"all right, i'm going to head back home now. goodnight jin-woo." y/n said and waved to him. jin-woo smiled before leaning down to her height.

just then, she felt a pair of lips on her cheek. her eyes widened and she blushed even more. her heart started beating even faster as she felt butterflies in her stomach.

h-he just kISSED my CHEEK?:$/!/$

"goodnight y/n," he whispered before walking away back to his apartment.

y/n stood frozen outside the cafe. her heart was beating insanely fast as her mind kept replaying the scene.

her hand went up to her cheek that he kissed and she immediately smiled.

ah, i'm falling in love with him.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"baek-hyun, how's your grandfather?" y/n asked as baek-hyun drove the car.

"he's doing fine and he's still quite healthy. i can't win a battle against him," baek-hyun said with a sigh.

y/n laughed as she looked at him, "your grandfather taught me and my parents how to fight. and since i am still stronger than you, it's no surprise that you haven't won against him."

baek-hyun pouted as he made a turn into his grandfather's neighbourhood. y/n smiled and patted his shoulder once he parked the car. the two hunters got out from the car and headed inside the house.

"grandpa, it's me baek-hyun!"

the door opened after a while and an elderly man stood with a warm smile.