Fries x Overweight Reader || a hand held apology

This was requested by CottonCandyCatto630 , I'm sorry it's so damn late and I'm sorry if it's not what you wanted, but you did say the plot can be whatever I want.
The art was made by worldsfirstgayknife on tumblr.

And as an overnight guy, I felt quite a bit of a connection to this oneshot, plus I've recently been simping for Fries ;3;

Also- this is my thirtieth story on this book, counting the (A/n)s :]
————————————————

Fries was just at the pond, skipping stones, like the bored box of grotato fries. The day was really boring, everyone was just playing games, sleeping, swimming, and other boring stuff that he doesn't want to think about. He mostly slept for most of the day, since nobody really wanted to hang out with him for the day.

So he just sighed and continued to pick up the small stones and toss them into the pond, where they would skid across the water at least three times before finally sinking. His mind roamed free as he did this, thinking about why nobody wanted to be around him today.

Was there something wrong? Did someone say something bad about me? Are my fries starting to smell, or go rotten?

Or, perhaps, is it just that everyone had better things to do than just hang around with Fries. He doesn't know, but he does know that he's beginning to run out of stones the correct size. The stones all have to be a specific size, or else they won't skid across the water like the way he wants them to.

And as the box of fries thought, he didn't even hear the footsteps from behind him. If he did, then he would've turned around and saw the person trying to sneak behind him. But he didn't, so he didn't know.

...until he felt one of his grotato fries slowly slide across the inside of his body. He was confused at first, until he realized why it was sliding like that. Someone is trying to steal my fries! So Fries quickly realized what turned around, seeing the person that he happened to know.

He doesn't know them on a personal level, but they have seen them around, and they're we'll known to him for stealing most of his fries every few weeks, but he hasn't spoken to them face-to-face before. But this doesn't really seem like a pleasant first conversation...

"What are you doing?" He asked, a little aggravated at them.

They just shrug. "I'm just hungry," They answer his question, then scratch the back of their head. "Well, that gives you no right to just eat my inners! Stop stealing my fries!" He basically ordered to them, lightly slapping their hand off his fry. They just frowned. "Well, if you want me to stop, then your inners should stop being so delicious!"

Fries' expression immediately changed from an aggravated one, to a shocked one, as soon as they made that statement. He could feel his face heat up for a moment, before he just stated. "They're not even supposed to be eatable! You should be dead, literally! You've eaten every single uneatable fry I've ever had since you appeared here!"

Fries continued to shout at the person. "And I keep having to regrow my grotatoes, slice them, boil them, and salt them! Do you know how difficult it is to peel a giant grotato with a normal sized potato peeler? That's so much of my hard work being dissolved in your stomach!" Fries poked their tummy as they shouted at them, thinking it would just make them feel bad and stop eating his grotato fries. But it only made them slowly cover their tummy and look at their feet, a look of embarrassment on their red face.

"I.. I didn't know, I'm sorry- I honestly thought they just reappeared every time your box was empty. Since there's almost no logic here, I-I didn't know there was actual logic to it.." They quietly apologize, trying their best to cover their tummy with their arms completely, so Fries couldn't see. The only thing it did was make the box of fries feel bad for shouting at them.

He immediately frowned as he watched the person then quietly walk away, still covering their tummy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fries frowned as he slowly walked to the playground. It was just a seesaw-swing-set, a cornhole set up, a kitty pool, and the set up of a tic-tac-toe carved into the concrete. That same person from before was just sitting next to the tic-tac-toe carving. He didn't even know their name, and he's already apologizing to them for yelling in their face.

They were just quietly playing against themself, looking a little sad.

The box of grotato fries just walked up to the person with a bit of a quick pace. "Hey," He said, looking down at the person. They just looked up at him, their frown growing a little, showing they're not exactly happy to see him. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled at you.." He looked down at his feet, holding his hands behind his back.

"So.. I decided that.. I should make you some fries.." He tried his best to be nice as he then revealed a bowl full of fries. Their eyes widened at the sight of the bowl. "I don't know anything about you, besides the fact that you like my fries. So.. I don't really know what to do for you," They slowly reached out their arm and took the bowl as he spoke.

They just looked down at the bowl that's now in their arms, and then back at Fries. They softly smiled. "Thank you.." The box of grotato fries then sat down next to the person. "You're welcome, also, what's your name?" He asked, looking over at them, just to see them eating one of the grotato fries. They just finished eating the single fry and then answered. "My name is (Y/n), I'm sorry I never spoke to you before, and for stealing your fries.." They smile awkwardly.

"I was just told that if I ask for them, that you would say 'no', so I just started...taking them," (Y/n) told him, laughing a little under their breath before eating another fry. Fries just shrugged. "I mean.. you're right, I would've said no, but you could've still asked. At least then, I would've had enough time to be your friend-" Fries quickly slapped his hand over his mouth as soon as that sentence exited his mouth.

(Y/n) looked at the smaller box of fries, a shocked expression on their face. Their face glowed a bright red, along with Fries'. "I.. didn't mean to say that.." "No no, it's fine, I... I wanna be friends too..." They smiled at the red box of fries, cupping their own face. Fries just smiled with them.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" He looked up at them.

"I don't know.. what's your favorite color?" (Y/n) awkwardly asked, not sure of what to say.