Chapter Thirty Six

"Hi mom, hi dad. Miss me?" I said in a cheerful voice. I saw then in the veranda having breakfast. They turned their heads and their eyes lit up when they saw me.

"Jennie." Dad smiled from ear to ear. I tried my best not to roll my eyes. "I'm so happy to see you sweetheart."

"From now on, you'll see me everyday, dad. I'm staying here." And I'll make your life a living hell. I had to literally bite my tongue to keep those words from spilling out of my mouth.

"Jennie, sweetheart...." He got up from his seat and Talia helped her. They both walked towards me and hugged me. Ugh! I wanted to push them away from me, these people are heartless and selfish, I had to remind myself that this is all for the show. I had to do this.

"You don't know how happy I am." Dad cupped my face and kissed me on the forehead. "I hope you can forgive me. I'm regretti-"

"I've already forgiven you, dad, mom. Let's just forget about what happened." I managed to say with a smile. Although saying that felt like acid burning in my throat. It still hurts to talk about it.

"Oh darling...." He hugged me again. When Jacob broke out of the hug, Talia walked in front of me.

"We're so sorry. We love you so much, sweety." She looked at my face before giving me a hug.

"I'm sorry about how I acted in the hospital."

"No, baby. It's okay, we understand." Talia said.

I joined them for breakfast. And I had to actually have a conversation with them. I was having a conversation with the people who ruined my life. The two of them were so happy, little did they know that I only came back to ruin their lives. Just like how they ruined mine. After finishing my breakfast, I excused myself and went to my room.

After entering my room, the luggages I ordered one of the maids to bring inside my room was already there.  Seems like nothing changed inside my room. It was left the way I had seen it before I went to New York. I sat on the edge of my bed and my phone suddenly rang.

I pulled out my phone inside my pocket. Kai's name appeared on the screen. I clicked the answer button. "Hello husband "

"Wife." I heard him chuckle on the other end. "Oh Jennie."

"I went back to the mansion." I informed.

"Good." He said.

"But, God, Kai, I can't stand breathing the same air as them." I complained.

"It will all pay off in the end."

I rolled my eyes. "Easy for you to say."

"Don't worry, Jennie. Once I finish all my work, I'll come back in the Philippines in order to help you regarding your plan."

We talked for a few more minutes before ending the call.

"Hi Hanbin!" We hugged when we saw each other. This us the first time we've seen each other again after so many years. He called me the other night and asked me to go to the company's social event with him and I said yes. Now, he is here to pick me up.

"Hi." He said while staring at me from head to foot. "You look great, Jennie."

I'm wearing a long burgundy dress with deep v-neck and high-thigh slit. I've worn it at a photo shoot before and I just loved it so much I had to beg the designer to let me keep it.

"Thank you." I smiled. "You look handsome in that tux." I patted his shoulder and he laughed.

He opened his car door for me and he went to the driver's side.