Chapter Fourty One

AN: I was just kidding about the 'The End' thingy. Lmao

Jennie's POV

If there's anything that makes me feel better, it's children. I love children. I love being around them and playing with them. I love just about anything that has to do with children. I used to volunteer at an Orphanage in California, it's really depressing to see all those beautiful kids who had been abandoned by their parents. It hurts me because they deserve so much better.

"Kids, here's your Ate Jennie." Sister Cecilia introduced. She's the head of this orphanage. She brought me here in the Art Room where the kids are busy doing their own drawings. They all look so adorable. It's so sad to think that there were parents who can leave their kids just like that.

The kids automatically stood up. "Good morning, Ate Jennie."

I couldn't help but smile at their cuteness.

"She'll be the one accompanying us today, so everyone should behave, okay?"

"Yes, Sister." They all answered.

"I have some gifts for all of you." I said. Their eyes lit up with excitement. A week ago, I came here to prepare my own visitation. I asked Sister Cecilia to ask the children what presents they wanted. She gave me the list of everything the children wants and I bought all of those things. "Do you guys want to receive your gifts?"

"Yeeeessss!" They said unisonly.

We opened the box where all the gifts are put  and it shows on their faces how excited and happy they are. The room got quiet as I took the first gift out of the box. It seemed like everyone was holding their breath. It was wrapped in pink paper. I read the name that was written in the wrapper. "Who's Sullyon?"

"Me! It's me, Ate!" A little girl, raising both her hands and waiving them, squealed. She ran towards me and I handed the gift to her.

"Thank you so much, Ate Jennie." She hugged me.

"You're welcome, sweetcake." I said as I hug her back.

I took another gift inside the box. "Here's on for Asahi."

A little boy came to me and got his gift and did what Sullyon did, he thanked and hugged me. I individually gave their gifts. It was so fun to see the excitement and happiness in their faces as they unwrap their presents.

I saw a little girl hugging the teddy bear I gave her. I smiled and approached her.

"Hi, baby. What's your name?" I asked.

"My name's Ningning." She shyly said. I sat beside her and I made her sat on my lap.

"Ningning, your name is beautiful. It suits you. How old are you?" I asked as I tuck a piece of her hair behind her ears.

She looked at her hand and she showed it to me with three fingers raised.

"You're three years old?" I asked, smiling.

She shook her head. "I'm four years old."

"But that's only three." I chuckled. Kids are just so adorable. I raised her index finger. "That's four now."

She looked at her hand again and counted her fingers. "One, two, three... Four!"

"Wow, you know how to count." I said.