Chapter Twenty Six

"Love, wake up. We're here." I heard Lisa say. I slowly open my eyes. The bus stopped and the sun is shining brightly. When I looked at Lisa I noticed the bruise on her face. My poor baby. She was almost killed because of me. I should've understand her in the first place. She did those just for me. Of all the sacrifices she did, all I returned was anger.

"Does it hurt?" I caressed her face. She just smiled and shook her head.

"Let's go." She said.

"Where are we going?" I asked. We don't have any money. We don't have anything.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Anywhere."

We stood up. She took my hand and we went out of the bus. I didn't feel any fear even we don't know where to go. I know that when I'm with Lisa, I'm safe. I know she will take care of me.

We don't know someone from here and we don't know a place where we stay. We just walked and walked and walked. Until we stopped in front of a small eatery.

"What do you want to eat?"

"We don't have any money." I said almost in a whisper.

"I still have coins here." She took it out from her pocket.

I picked something that we can afford. We ordered one cup of rice and one viand because that's the only food our money left can afford. She didn't buy food for herself.

"Let's just share." I said.

"No. Just eat all of that, I know you're hungry." She said, smiling.

"You have to eat too." I frowned.

"I'm still full." She answered.

"No, you're not. You haven't eaten yet. Come on, eat with me." I feed her because I know she's hungry.

After we eat we started walking again. We didn't have any money left and we still don't know where we'll go.

"I'm sorry, my love." She kissed my hand she's currently holding. "You got involved in this mess."

"We are going to get through this together, we always do, right?" I smiled at her.

"I thought we can start our new life here but I think it's not that easy. To be honest, I'm scared." Her eyes started getting glossy. "I'm scared that maybe you'll experienced what I experienced in the past. I don't want you to experience hunger, I don't want you to sleep in streets, I don't want-"

"Ssshh.. Love. It's going to be okay. We'll get through it, as long as we're together." I hold her hand tighter.

She didn't utter a word and she's in deep thoughts. We continued walking. We continued walking and walking even we don't know where is our destination. And I keep on hearing Lisa taking a deep breath. She didn't say a single word.

We continued walking until we arrived in a street where no other people except us. At the side of the road we can see are farms and tress, and we can't even see a car passing by. I think we saw only one car passed by in this road while we are walking.
Not far from where we are walking we saw a car at the side of the road and there are three men surrounding an old man. I instantly knew something was wrong. The old man looked scared.

Lisa and I looked at each other.

"Love, you hide." She said quietly.

"Hey, what are you going to do?" I asked, worriedly.