Chapter Fourteen

Lisa and I are watching television. Her head resting on my lap. I gently stroked her hair and looked at her. She's been really sweet to me since she confessed her feelings. But I'm not sure if what's our status. We kiss but simple and short peck on the lips only, it's not a passionate kiss we shared that night when something happened to us. Are we in a relationship already? I don't really know how relationships work. I've never had a boyfriend before.

"Why?" Lisa asked when she caught me looking at her.

"Nothing." I answered. But I really wanted to ask her if what's our status. But I don't have the guts. Should I just be contented on what we have right now?

She continued watching the TV.

"Lisa, how many girlfriends have you had before?" I asked, out of curiosity.

"Hmmm, I don't have a past girlfriends, actually." She said.

"Really?" I'm not convinced. It's impossible that she's not having an ex-girlfriend.

"Why you sounded like you're not believing my answer? I swear, I don't have a past girlfriends. Just short flings and casual sex." She said. Then she sat up and faced me. "But you know what, Jennie. I met a girl. She's beautiful and kind. Actually, I think I like her already. What do you think I should do to win her? Because literally, I don't know how to court a girl."

I looked down trying not to cry. God! She already like someone else! So all those kisses and hugs meant nothing to her? Am I just one of her flings?
Her hand held my chin, forcing me to look at her. My vision were blurry with tears. "Jennie, what's wrong?"

I pulled and looked away. "N-nothing. I got something stuck in my eye."

"Ah. Okay. I want you to meet her, Jennie. We have a date today, and I'll bring you." She said. What a sadist! She knows that I'm in love with her but she's spitting in front of my face that she like someone else!

"No, thanks. I'll stay here for good." I said. I stood up and started walking to my room.

"Where are you going? You haven't done watching the show." I heard her say. I ignored her. Who gives a darn about the show. I so hate her. She lead me on. She fooled me, she keep on saying that she likes me. She likes me, my ass. She like someone else!

After a few minutes, she knocked on my door. "Jennie, she texted me already. She's on her way. We need to hurry up and meet her."

"Then go! I'm not going with you. I don't want to disturb your date." I said.

"I told you, she wants to meet you." She said. What an ass!

"No. I don't want to. I'll stay here." I said.

She opened the door and walked inside.

"It's not locked."

I crossed my arms. "That's because it doesn't have a lock."

"Come with me, please?" She begged.

"Why do you want me to go with you? Do I really have to be there?"

"Of course. You're important to me, Jennie. I want you to meet the first girl who made believe in love." She said with a big smile on her face. Oh how I envy that girl. I wish I could make Lisa that happy.

Maybe what she said about that she likes me, is a different kind of like. She just likes me as a friend? But why does she kiss me? That's it? This person is so difficult.