Chapter Thirty Seven

After the awkward breakfast, Lisa bid her goodbye. I kissed her on the lips in front of my parents. And it wasn't a quick peck on the lips. I wrapped my arms around her neck and gave her long deep kiss. She pulled away after a few seconds. Then she looked at my parents, who were both staring at us, with apologetic eyes.

She politely said goodbye to them. Talia just gave her a nod and Jacob didn't even look at her. She went off after that. I watched her go with my arms crossed across my chest and smiled. Dad got up from his seat and went out of the room. It was just me and Talia.

She stayed quiet and just looked at me.

"Do you have something to say?" I asked her.

"You know your father's condition, Jennifer. Please don't upset him." She said softly.

"Am I not allowed to bring any of my friends here?" I asked innocently.

"What you're doing is immoral. You're a married woman. You shouldn't be fooling around with other people. What if Kai will find out about this?"

"Immoral? Well, isn't that a bit rich coming from you?" I chuckled. She looked away with guilt on her face. "I can easily get away with it. Kai believes all the lies I tell him."

"What if..." She said in a small voice "She'll throw you like a piece of garbage like what she did before?"

I glared at her. How dare she! How dare she even bring that up? My hand unconsciously clenched. I wanted to scream at her but instead I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to calm myself. "You don't need to worry about it. Stay out of my business." I said through gritted teeth.

"I'm sorry." I heard her say.

I didn't answer and just walked away. I went upstairs and checked my phone to find 3 missed calls from Bella. I called her back immediately.

Lisa's POV

Seven days. It's been seven days since the last time I've seen Jennie and I miss her so bad. What we did was wrong. But if right means losing her then I'd rather be wrong. I really wish I could have done things differently before. I wish I find other ways, I wish I didn't bring her back to her parents but I was so scared that time. And now, she's married to another guy.

I can't even ask Hanbin about Jennie because he's mad at me bout what he saw during the social event. Every time we crossed paths inside the company building, he's giving me a death glare. I wanted to explain to him but I know he wouldn't listen. We're friends for so long that's why I knew him so well. He just listen to himself. His opinion matters only to him.

"Hi Yeri." I greeted when I saw her walking in the lobby.

She gave me a faint smile and sped up her walk, avoiding eye contact with me. Yeri isn't usually like that. Maybe she felt awkward  around me because of what she did at the party. Hanbin was being an asshole to her and Yeri was hurt of what he had said to her. She probably did it to make him jealous. It did work, didn't it?

Hanbin is still in love with Yeri. And I think Yeri loves him, too. They're just both far too stubborn to admit it. I shook my head. Why am I stressing myself out about the love life of those two? I have my own problem. Jennie. I really want to see her, and talk to her, and hug her, kiss her, make love to ger. God, I miss her so much. I feel like I'm going crazy if I'm not going to see her.

I don't have the guts to go to the mansion of her parents. My face isn't that thick. I don't know why Jennie did that. Why did she let me meet her parents and why any of them didn't react. I know they didn't want me there but why didn't they do anything? I was shocked when Jennie kissed me in front of them before I go and they didn't even stop us.