Chapter Eight

"You looked so tired." I told Lisa when I saw her entered the apartment. She directly slouched her body on the couch.

"We walked for God knows how long. We even climbed a mountain for a photoshoot." She explained. "But it's okay. I got a big tip."

I sat down beside her.

"Put your feet on my lap." I said.
Her brows arched. "Why?"

"Foot massage." I answered. She just shrugged and out her feet on my lap. I pity her, she's been working all day. The least I could do is give her a foot massage. I took off her sock. Then I started massaging her left foot.

"Oh, God! You're so good, Jennie. Where did you learn this?" She asked.

"My Dad keep on asking me to massage his feet when he comes home from work." I said smiling. My smiled faded when I remember my mom and dad. I really miss them, I think they're worried about me. I often cried myself to sleep.

"What's wrong?" Lisa asked.
I forced to let out a fake smile. "Nothing. I just remembered something."

"You missed your family, aren't you?" She said.

"Yeah. But I'm still mad at them." I said.

"Don't be sad. I got something for you." She reached for her bag on her side. She pulled a square thingy inside of it. "I just thought that you love books. I passed by a bookstore earlier, so I decided to check books for you. And here."

I got very excited. I immediately grabbed the book from her. I really miss reading books. I read the title 'Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen'.

"Oh Lisa! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I jumped on her. She lost her balance and she landed on the couch and I landed on top of her. I was stunned and can't make any movement due to being shocked. We made an eye contact. I feel like I'm going to melt the way she stare at me. She lifted her head. Oh my god! Is this really happening? Is she going to kiss me like in the books? I closed my eyes.

"Jennie, get off me." I heard her say. I quickly opened my eyes. She quickly looked away from me. It seems like she doesn't want to look at me. I stood up immediately.

"I-I'm sorry." I said, embarrassed. I picked up the book that I dropped and hugged it tightly. I'm being timid and annoyed at the same time because she didn't kiss me. I wonder how her lips would feel like and how it would taste like. I'm willing to give her my first kiss.

She cleared her throat. "I'm hungry."

"The food is ready." I said. I can feel the awkward tension in the air.

"What's our viand?" She asked.

"Corned beef." I answered.

"Again? Just buy a real viand outside so that we can eat already." She said.

"O-okay." I said but I can't help myself to move from where I'm standing. I want to confess my feelings for her. That I really like her.

"I.... I like you, Lisa." I said almost in a whisper but enough for her to hear.

She just stared at me. I can't see any emotion on her face. She looked at me from head to toe. Oh God! Why did I even confessed my feelings towards her right now? I'm embarrassed of own confession. I hope this floor can eat me out!

Her lips curved into a smile. It became bigger and bigger until she started laughing. My face heat up. Ahhhhhh! So embarrassing! I want to cry!

"Thank you for the good laugh." She said while still laughing. "But you're not my type, Jennie."