Chapter Seventeen

The car stopped in front of the mansion door. The bodyguards got out of the car and opened the door for me. I still couldn't stop crying. I want to ran back to Lisa's apartment.

"Miss Jennie, please get out of the car." One of the bodyguards said.

I crossed my arms. "I'm not going to get out until you're not going to drop me off to Lisa."

"Oh darling, you're acting like a kid. Get out of the car." Mom rolled her eyes.

"No!" I said hardheadedly.

"Just drag her inside the house." Mom commanded before walking towards the mansion.

The bodyguards obeyed her and pulled me out of the car. I screamed and screamed for them to let me go but they didn't listen. They dragged me inside the mansion.

"Hey, you're hurting my daughter." When they heard my dad's voice, they let me go. I ran to daddy and hugged him.

"Daddy..." I sobbed. Daddy gently rubbed my back.

"Sshh.. Don't cry, Jennie." Daddy whispered. I missed him so much. I admit, I'm a daddy's girl. My loneliness and madness vanished when I saw my dad.

"I missed you, dad." I said while crying.

"I know... I know, sweety. I missed you, too." He said. He pulled away from the hug and wiped my tears.

"Daddy, I can't marry Kai. Tell me you're not going to make me marry him." I said.

He looked so hopeless. He sighed. "Sweety, you're not supposed to know about that yet."

"I know already! That's why I ran away. Tell me you're not going to make me marry him!" I shouted. Oh please, daddy.  I know he's not going to make me do something I don't want to do.

"Listen, Jennifer, we're not going to allow you to marry him that fast. We'll give you time to know each other. You'll never know, maybe you'll fall for him. Just get to know him. Will you do that for me, sweety?" My dad softly said.

I shook my head. "No, I can't. I'm in love with someone else. I love Lisa."

"Who is Lisa?" Daddy asked.
Even I'm crying I can't stop myself from smiling. "Oh daddy, she's a great person. She really love me. She took care of me when I decided to ran away here. She's the person I want to marry and spend-"

"Stop it, Jennifer! I don't want to hear anymore of that." We both looked towards mom, she looked so upset. "The only person you're going to marry is Kai. We're doing this for you. This is for your own good. That Lisa you are talking about can't give you a life you used to live."

"You don't understand, mom! Yes, she's not rich but she's doing her best to give me a comfortable life. And that's enough for me." I said.

"Sweety, you're still young to understand these kind of things. Your mom is correct." Dad said. I felt like bursting into tears. I felt like they're teaming up. I was hoping that Dad will take my side but he didn't.

I marched up to my bedroom. The pain I felt in my chest is unbearable. Why can't they understand that I love Lisa? I can't marry Kai! I lay down on my bed and covered my face with my pillow and cried my heart out. If only Lisa was here. I already miss her. I was just thinking of not seeing her, it makes me sick.

I heard a knock on my door. I ignored it. After a few minutes, it opens. I heard footsteps coming towards my bedroom. The edge of my bed sank a little because someone sat there. Then I felt a hand caressing my hair.