Chapter Five

I've been living with Lisa for a week now. I didn't leave even though she tried to persuade me. I'm getting to know her more and more every passing day. I think I'm having a crush on her. I never thought that I'm gay. She's so thoughtful and caring even though sometimes she's a total ass. But I get really annoyed when she treats me like a child.

So, here I am trying to cook breakfast for her. I cracked the egg on the frying pan. This isn't so hard.

"Ouch!" I screamed when the hot oil came contact into my arms. I spoke too soon. This is hard and painful! I tried going near the pan but the oil keep on spitting out. So I grabbed the cover of frying pan and used it as my shield. Until I can smell something bad about the egg and when I checked it the bottom part is turning black.

"What are you doing early this morning, Jennie?" Lisa asked with a casual tone. Maybe she's used to my clumsiness whenever I do something wrong that's why she's not getting mad anymore. She just got out from the shower. Her hair is still wet and she's only wearing a black sports bra and a towel on her waist. Hot.

"I can't go near the pan because the oils kept coming to me." I said. She grabbed the spatula from me. She turned off the burner.

"Ugh. Why are you cooking when you're aware that you can't cook." She said.

"Sorry, I just don't want to be a burden for you." I explained while looking on the floor.

"Then eat that." She said and pointed the burnt egg.

"But it's burnt!" I exclaimed.

"I'm not the one who did that. Don't waste food." She said.

Even though I don't want to eat the burnt sunny side up egg, I ended up putting it on my plate. She stared at me grinning with her arms crossed. This woman is so evil. I sliced the egg and took a bite. I stared at her with puppy eyes trying to convince her to stop me from eating it but she just gave me a smirk. Ugh! I can't properly munch the burnt egg because it tasted bitter.

"Stop. Throw it." She said when I was about to eat another slice. See! She just really want me to suffer.

"I have to get dress. We're going to eat at Beth's." She informed.

"You have money?" I asked surprised. She rarely has money.

"Am I going to invite you if I don't have?" She said and entered her room. She got out wearing plain white shirt and chocolate brown khaki shorts. She's wearing only that? So, means she doesn't have work. We went outside the apartment.

"Hi unnie." The children playing greeted me.

"Woah, it's too early but you are already playing." I said.

"You want to join us?" They asked. They're playing hopscotch.

"Jennie need to eat first. Aren't you worried of her? She's too skinny already." Lisa said teasing me. The children laughed at me. I shot Lisa a glare. She have the guts to tease me in front of my friends! And worst because my biggest insecurity is my body. Other girls are getting upset when others call them fat but I get angry when people call me skinny. In the past, my classmates used to tease me, keep on telling me that I'm anorexic.

"Look, your unnie Jennie is getting upset." She said and put her hand on my shoulder. I shrug her hand off my shoulder. She pulled me closer to her. "Smileeeeeeeeeee."

I tried my best not to smile. She's just so sweet. Even though I'm always getting annoyed and irritated she's always making it up to me. I gave her a sarcastic smile and rolled my eyes. "Let's go. Let's eat. I'm hungry." I pretended to sound irritated.