1. Their Lives

"Get up, baby!" Jasmine removed the duvet from the girl who was sleeping in a foetal form by wrapping the duvet around her.

"Two more minutes, Jas," her eyes still closed.

Jasmine glared at her sister-in-law by keeping her hands on her hips.
"Niya, get up fast! Today is Valentine's day. Remember?"

Niya got up with a jolt, widening her eyes, "Oh my god!" She got up from the bed, "I forgot about that!" She threw the duvet into the floor and ran in the bathroom.

Jasmine chuckled, shaking her head, "I am going to make breakfast. Come to have it after brushing your teeth."

"Okay!" Niya yelled from the bathroom.

She did her morning chores and dressed up in a hurry. She combed her hair and ran downstairs to have her breakfast.

"Good morning, everyone," she greeted everyone.

Zara just rolled her eyes, hearing her voice.

"Good morning, Niya," Neil greeted her back, smiling at her.

She took a sandwich and took a bite. "Okay, bye, everyone! I am getting late," she turned to go when Neil held her wrist.

"Where are you running? First, have your breakfast!" He ordered.

"Bro, I am getting late. If I didn't reach the orders on time, then all the couples would come to choke me here."

"I don't care! First, you will have your breakfast, and then you will go!" He said, strictly.

"Bro, please," she pleaded with her puppy eyes, but it didn't work on him. Finally, she forcefully sat herself in the chair to have breakfast, thinking it was impossible to win against her brother.

"Niya, you don't have to do that job. Your brother has enough money to look after you all. I can provide you with a job in my company too, if you want." When they were having their breakfast, all of a sudden Neil said looking at her.

She smiled at her brother. "Bro, I know that. But bro, I like to do that job because it gives me happiness," she said. "You know, bro, Sometimes the smallest things can give you the greatest happiness."

"Bro, cheap people only want to do cheap work," Zara commented, shrugging her shoulders, which hurt Niya, but as always she ignored it.

"Za-"

"Jas, it's okay." Jasmine was cut off by Niya. She blinked her eyes, telling her not to say anything.

Neil glared at Zara. "Zara, you better watch your mouth next time!" he warned her.

"Bro, it's okay," Niya said, not wanting to create the scene early in the morning.

"I didn't say anything wrong, bro," Zara argued back.

"She is older than you, Zara. At least respect her!" He snapped at her.

"Why should I respect her? Who is she to me? And what great work has she done for me?" Zara raised her voice, getting up by banging her fist on the table. "She only knows to steal my things!" She said with a hatred in her voice, which brought tears in Niya's eyes.

How can someone see hatred in her sister's eyes?

"She is real trash!" These words from Zara's mouth raised Neil's anger. He got up and gave a tight slap on Zara's cheek, which made all of them gasp.

"How dare you use these types of words on her?" He shouted at her.

Tears started rolling down Zara's cheeks. She looked up at her brother, who was fuming in anger.