19. Pinch of Guilt

Niya's POV

I dialled Zain's number because I wanted to talk to him about Zara. Our marriage was fixed. He was Neil's college friend and his good friend. Zain's parents had come to Neil to ask for my hand in marriage with Zain. He is a nice person and also my friend. That's the reason I said yes to this proposal. When I accepted his proposal, they were happy. I always considered Zain's parents as mine.
They are also sweet people, but I didn't know that Zara liked Zain. If I had known before about her love for Zain, then I would have never said yes to that proposal. But now I know. So, I can't spoil Zara's happiness. At least I can talk to him about Zara.

I know he and his parents are angry at me, but I have to talk to him.

"Hello," After three rings, he received the call.

"Hello, Zain, how are you?" I asked.

"Fine, Niya. How are you?" He asked.

"I am also fine," I said. "Zain, I want to meet you."

"Is everything okay, Niya?"

"Yes, everything is fine. I just want to talk to you about something," I replied.

"Where can we meet?" He asked.

Aryan will come late, so it's better that I meet him now.

"In the park now?" I asked.

"Ok."

I got ready and took my phone to go meet Zain.

I stopped one cab and asked the driver to stop the car near the park.

I took one seat and was waiting for him to come.

It's been fifteen minutes since I've been waiting for him.

Where are you, Zain?

I tried to call him, but he didn't receive the call.

I sighed and was about to get up to leave, when he came.

"Hi, Niya,"

"Zain, where were you?"

"Sorry for coming late. Some work came, and I got busy with it." He apologised by holding his ear. "By the way, why did you ask me to meet you? Is everything alright?" He asked while sitting beside me.

I took a deep breath before starting.

He was continuously looking at me.

"Zain, Zara loves you," I said without beating around the bush. His eyes widened, but he later chuckled, saying, "One sister who was about to get married to me betrayed me, and now her second sister wants to get married to me." which hurt me a lot.

"Zain, I know what I did is wrong, and I already apologised for that. That time I didn't have any other option than to marry Aryan," I said. "If your friend was still behind bars, then would you have be happy?" I asked.

He averted his gaze from me.

"I need some time," he said.

"Zain, I-"

"What the hell is going on here?" A voice boomed behind us, which made us flinch.

Aryan was standing there fuming in anger. He was throwing daggers at me.

He marched toward me and started dragging me by holding my wrist tightly.

"Aryan, leave me." I tried to wiggle free from his hold.

"Aryan, what are you doing? Leave her," Zain said, coming behind us.

"You shut up! Don't you dare come between us," he warned him.