20. Minds with Many Questions

A cold wind blew, making her shiver. Everything was silent, but her mind was in chaos.

A long tear escaped from her eyes as she looked up in the sky.

She could see only darkness, but there were stars and a moon, making that  the sky beautiful. But in her life, there are neither stars nor a moon, which could make her life beautiful.

"See, you people left me alone in this world. Why? Am I that bad that you forgot to take me with you? Maybe I am. That's why you people left me alone here to suffer."

She was feeling alone.

It's been one month since their fight, but nothing changed between them. They ignore each other like the plague.

She cooks for him, but before he comes back, she goes to her room. She does all the chores that Aryan told her to do on the first day she stepped into that house.

It's been one month since they didn't see each other's faces.

Since that day, she didn't go out or meet anyone.

That house is like a prison to her.

She didn't tell her family anything about his behaviour toward her.

She doesn't want them to become tense about her?

Her head started hurting, thinking about everything.

She wiped her tears, closed the balcony door, took a pain killer tablet to subside her headache, and went downstairs to prepare dinner.

She tied her hair into a messy bun and started cutting the veggies.

She prepared the dinner, drank some water, and thought to go to her room.
That's what she does. Not wanting to eat food, she stays by drinking only water.

She closed the utensils and was going to her room when the light in the house went on.

She flinched and turned behind her to see only Aryan standing there.

This is the first time they faced each other after that day.

Both were standing there looking at each other without any emotion.

Don't know why, but these days his eyes were yearning to see her. He felt like the wish of his eyes got fulfilled today.

That day flashed in front of her eyes, and she averted her gaze and turned to go to her room.

"Where are you going?" This question made her stop in her tracks.

She sighed, and not wanting to talk with him, she started going.

"I asked you something, Niya," he said, looking at her going from there, ignoring his question.

She stopped.

"In my room," she said without turning back.

"Have you had your food?" He questioned.

Why is he bothering me?

Sighing, she said, "I don't want."

"Why are you not having your these days?" He asked. He knows that she doesn't eat her food. He has noticed it many times. This one month she has become thin and looked very tired.

Why is she skipping her food?

"Don't bother me, Mr. Obroi. Your food is ready," she replied.

"Go and have your food now," he said, sounding more like an order.

"I already said I don't want to have it," she said, turning to face him. Now he could see dark circles under her eyes. "It doesn't matter to you if I have or not. You should not bother about maids." She said harshly which made something to his heart.

He gulped the lump formed in his throat.

"I care for my maids too." He said, averting his gaze from her.

She chuckled weakly.
"You might be caring for your maids. But please, don't show your fake care for this maid of yours because I could see only hatred in your eyes and actions toward her." She said without any emotion in her voice and left, before he could stop her.

He sighed deeply and went to his room, not having any appetite to eat anything.

After freshening up, he came and laid on the bed as her face came in front of his eyes, which started  bringing many questions to his mind.

Why is she skipping her food? She has become thin.

What happened to her?

Is she not feeling well?

His thoughts got disturbed  when his phone started ringing with Danish's name.

"Hello," he said with a bored tone.

"What happened, bro? Is everything okay?" Danish asked after listening to his voice.

"Yes, everything is fine. You tell, why  you call me?"

"Where is she?" Danish asked.

"I think in her room. Why?" he replied  knowing about whom he was asking.

"I was thinking something. What about we come tomorrow at your place?" He asked.

"Danish, I am busy these days," he said.

"If you are forgotten, then let me tell you, tomorrow is a Sunday."

"Ohh,"

"What ohh? We are coming tomorrow," he said and cut the call.

He kept the mobile on the table and closed his eyes, not before looking at the pictures hanging on the wall.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

She lay on her bed, gazing at the white ceiling.

Many questions were running through her mind. The main question was what they did to Aryan to make him hate her and her brother so much.

This one month, this is the only question running through her mind, which was giving her a headache. She wants to ask Aryan, but she doesn't feel like talking to him because he will only yell at her. Till now, all he did was shout at her and never talk to her nicely.

She closed her eyes to calm her mind.

She has to find the answers to her questions.

But how?

Has Neil done something to him?

If Neil is responsible, then why would he blame her?

No, my brother can't do something bad to others.

I also didn't know Aryan before; how could I do something wrong to him?

God, this mystery will kill me one day.

Her head started hurting.

"Ahh! Oh God, please save me from this headache," she prayed.

She applied some balm to her temple and massaged it, but not feeling any better, she ate one more pain relief tablet and drifted into deep slumber.

Hey my lovelies

I hope you are fine.

I hope you liked the chapter.

Please do vote and comment.

Stay blessed

Vel💕