25. Close to death

She was confused about whether to go to the party or not.

Last time, when she went to the party, Aryan and his friends humiliated her in front of others, which made her feel embarrassed.

What if they did the same with her now?

She sighed deeply and decided not to go to the party.

It's better not to go than to embarrass yourself in front of others.

She thought to read some books to pass the time.

This is the only thing that gives her peace.

She was reading a novel when she heard a knock on the door.

When she opened the door, she saw Aryan standing there.

"Why are you not ready?" He asked, seeing that she was not got ready to go to the party.

"I am not coming," she said.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to," she replied.

"Get ready in 10 minutes. I am waiting for you downstairs," he said and turned to go.

"I said, I am not coming. I don't want to get humiliated in front of others," she said, expressing the fear that was in her mind.

He looked at her. Guilt flashed in his eyes, but before she could see it, he masked it away.

"No one will humiliate you. Get ready and come," he said and left from there.

She sighed and went to get ready.

She wore her simple knee-length black dress, applied a light makeup while keeping her hair open, and went downstairs.

Hearing the sound of her heels, he looked up

"Wow, she looks so beautiful," his inner voice whispered.

His stares were making something in Niya. It was making it difficult for her to stand in front of him. So she cleared her throat to bring him out of his dreamland.

"Why did you take so much time to get ready?" He asked angrily.

She looked at her wrist watch.

I took only fifteen minutes to get ready, then why is he...... this

"Now let's go. I don't have a whole day for you," he said and started walking.

I think he has some mental problems.

She followed him.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"Hi buddy," Kiaan came and hugged Aryan.

"Hi, Niya," he said, smiling at Niya.

She gave him a small smile and said, "hi."

"Aryan!" Isha came when she saw Aryan and Niya. "Please come," she welcomed them.