9. Leaving Her Alone

He stopped the car on the way with a full break.

Niya frowned, looking around. There was not a single house or a person that you could see on the road.

Is he going to kill me here? This thought made her gulp in fear.

"Get out!" She heard him say.

She looked at him in confusion.

His hands were tightly holding the steering, which was making his knuckles turned white, and his eyes were fixed on the road.

"I said, GET OUT," he shouted, which made her flinch.

"But, we didn't reach your ho-home yet," she said in a low tone, fearing him.

He turned his head towards her and was looking at her in anger.

He grabbed her arm,"Do you really think that I will take trash like you with me?" He asked in a tone full of hatred. She tried to wiggle free from his hold, but his hold was too tight. "Now, get out of my car!" He yelled, pushing her, causing her fall on the door.

Tears started forming in her eyes.

He opened the door, came towards her side, and opened her door. He grabbed her arm and forcefully brought her out of the car.

"How will I-I come?" She said in a broken voice. "I-I don't even have any cash with me."

"Then come by walking," he said, with an evil smirk playing on his lips.

"But I don't know your house."

He just ignored her, went and opened the trunk of the car and threw her suitcase on the ground.

She was just looking with her teary eyes.

He started the car and left, leaving her all alone.

Where have I landed myself?

Why is he doing this?

What did we do to him that he hates us so much?

She wiped her tears, picked up her suitcase and looked around.

There was not a single person on the road.

"How will I go to that monster's place? I don't even have a single penny with me now," She got tense.

She took her suitcase and started walking. There were only big trees on both sides of the road, and not a single house.

It's been one hour since she's been walking, dragging her suitcase with her. She was all tired and her legs started hurting from walking so long. Then she saw a small rock. She went and sat on it to relax herself.

Sweat was trickling down her neck and she was also hungry. She didn't have her breakfast either, as she left the house early in the morning without telling anything to Jasmine or Zara.

After sitting for some time, she got up to go. Her legs were refusing to walk as they had no energy in them, but she had to go. She can't stay here so long.

The sun was also going down.

She tiredly started dragging her luggage along with her. She was looking around, hoping someone would come and she would ask for some help, but there was no one.

After walking for another half an hour, she could see a small shop where there were a few elderly people sitting there.

A hope rose in her heart and she slowly went towards that shop.

"Hello," she said with a smile. "Please, can I get a glass of water?" She asked the owner, who was an elderly man.

He nodded and gave her one glass of water.