27. Taking care of her

She was about to lay on the bed when she heard a knock on her door.

She got up and opened the door, to find only Danish standing there.

"Now what?" She asked, being irritated by his behaviour. He returned again even after she told him to leave.

Why doesn't he understand that I don't want to talk to him?

"I am sorry for disturbing your sleep," he apologised.

"Please come to the point, Danish," she stated. "And why don't you understand that I don't want to talk to you?"

"Don't be angry, Niya. I came here just to tell you that Aryan was not in my plan. It was just me," he tried to clear her doubts.

She sighed deeply.

His behaviour was really making her irritated.

Like, seriously, he came here again just to tell me this?

"Then what should I do?" She asked, folding her hands on her chest. "If he was not in your plan then please next time do give him some part to humiliate me. It will give you happiness," she mocked him.

"She will not trust you, Danish," his inner voice whispered to him.

He gulped the lump formed in his throat, thinking she would not forgive him easily.

"If you are done, then please leave and don't come here to talk with me," she said to which he nodded.

"Good night," he said, and left from there.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

As usual, she woke up with a severe headache. But today, she was feeling very weak. Not able to bear the pain, she took a painkiller tablet on an empty stomach.

She somehow dragged her legs downstairs to prepare breakfast after finishing her morning chores.

She was feeling as if her entire energy was draining.

After cutting the veggies, she put them accidentally in the oil and as a result, the oil spilled on her hand, which made her cry in pain.

Hearing her scream, Aryan came running to the kitchen. He saw Niya crying, holding her hand tightly.

"Niya, what happened?" He inquired, examining her hand. Her hand was turning red.

He dragged her towards the tap and put her hand under the water.

He furrowed his brows when he felt her hand hot. He closed the tap and checked her temperature by keeping his hand on her forehead.

"Niya, you have a fever," his voice was filled with worry.

"No, I am fine," though she was feeling very weak, she tried to deny it by wiggling free from his hold.

"Come, let's apply medicine to your wound." He tried to take her to her room, but she refused, saying, "I am fine."

"Niya, I am telling you this for the last time. Don't test my patience," he warned, becoming irritated with her stubbornness.

"I said I-" she again tried to deny, but he scooped her up in his arms and took her towards her room.

She was suprised looking at his action.
"Aryan, what are you doing? Put me down," She tried to wiggle free from his hold, but his hold was too strong.

He could feel her body getting hotter by the passing seconds.

"Stop wiggling, Niya," he said, glaring at her.