8. Neil's Anger

A day has arrived. A day her brother will be released from the prison, and a day where she will seal her fate with a monster who was the main source of their misery.

Nobody was aware of this day except Zara.

But why will a sister who hates her come with her?

She must be happy now, seeing her going away from them.

She smiled at her fate.

She looked in the mirror. Her eyes were swollen and there were dark circles under her eyes. She cried all night.

She took a mobile and dialled a number.

"Hello!" She smiled when she heard a cheerful voice from the other side.

"Hello, how are you?" She asked, keeping her eyes fixed on the mirror.

"I am fine. How are you?" He asked.

She sighed. "I am also fine"

"So, after a long time, you remembered me now?" He asked in a fake disappointed voice.

She gulped before telling him the main reason why she called him.

"Hey, Ni, are you there?" He asked when he didn't get any reply from her.

"I can't marry you," she said in one go, closing her eyes.

There was a silence from the other side. Her heart was breaking while telling him that, but what she could do now? She has to do it, otherwise her brother will suffer more there.

She can't see her brother behind bars.

How can she, when he was the one who raised her and provided her with a shelter. How can she see the same brother suffering without his mistake?

"Ni, what are you saying?" He asked in disbelief from the other side. He couldn't believe what she was saying. "Are you kidding?" He asked, laughing nervously, thinking she was just pulling his legs.

As she closed her eyes, tears started flowing from her eyes.

"Not marrying him is her best decision" She thought.

"I am afraid, I am not," she replied.

"Ni, they already-"

He was cut off by Niya, saying, "Please try to understand, I can't marry you. I lo-love someone else,"

"But-"

Before he could say anything, she cut the call.

There was fear in her heart, thinking how Neil and Jasmine would react when they came to know about this all.

Will she be able to face them?

She closed the door behind her and left.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"Congratulations!" The priest wished them.

Aryan looked at Niya, who was lost in her thoughts.

He smirked, looking at her.

Finally, his plan is getting successful. A plan to destroy the Arora family, especially Niya and her brother Neil.

"Congratulations, Mrs. Niya Obroi!" he mocked her, bringing her out of her thoughts.

She looked at him.

Her eyes were filled with tears. Her mind was again and again focused on Neil and Jasmine.

What will they think about her?

She always dreamt of having a simple wedding with the presence of her only family she had, but today her dream was shattered.