30. Which Is Your True Self?

Aryan's POV

I knocked on Niya's door but got no response from her side. I knocked again but again I got no response, so I thought to open the door.

As I opened the door, I saw Niya coming out of the bathroom, tying her hair to the towel.

Oh she was taking a shower.

Her eyes widened when she saw me.

"Wha-what are you doing in my room? And why didn't you knock?" She asked glaring at me.

Looking at her face I wanted to laugh. She was looking like a pickachu.

"Now why are you smiling?" She asked, keeping her hands on her waist.

"Because you are looking like a pickachu," It slipped from my mouth.

"Huh?" Her face was covered with confusion.

"I- I meant to say, I knocked twice but you didn't open the door so I opened the door."

She glared at me. "I didn't open the door, that doesn't mean you will barge into my room,"

"Don't forget this is my house, so I can come and go whenever I want. You don't need to tell me," As I said this, her face lost all its colour, which made me feel like to take back those words.

She averted her gaze from me. "Yeah, true. Sorry for thinking this is my room," she said in a low tone that was audible to me.

"I-I didn't me-"

She cut me off by asking, "What do you want, Aryan?"

I don't know why but it when she takes my name and this room of hers makes me feel different. This room is not luxurious like my other room, but whenever I enter this room, it gives me a different feeling.

A homily feeling.

What is it?

"Aryan, you are getting mad," my subconscious mocked me.

"Hello," she waved her hand in front of me.

"Umm- I want coffee," I ordered and turned to go out of her room when she stopped me saying, "Listen," and I turned around.

"You should often smile like that. Your smile is beautiful," she said, smiling at me and then she faced the mirror.

Her compliment brought a smile to my lips.

I shook my head and left her room.

Niya's POV

This man one day surely make me mad. I don't know what happens to him suddenly.

One minute he will talk to me nicely, and other minutes he will talk as if I am a robber who has come to rob this luxurious house of his.

Why is he hiding his true self?

I just wrapped towel around my head and went to the kitchen to make coffee for him.

After making coffee, I went towards his room and knocked, but I got no response from him. After knocking one more time, I slowly opened the door, but I didn't go inside. He doesn't like when I come to his room.

"Aryan," I called him, standing on the door, but getting no response, I turned to go.

"Aryan," I searched him in the guest room, but he was not there.

Where is this guy?

After searching everywhere, I thought to go to the terrace. May be he is there.