28. Entry of a new maid

Niya's POV

I wokeup, did my morning chores, and went downstairs to prepare breakfast.

When I was about to enter the kitchen, I saw one girl preparing something.

Who is she?

She was busy doing her work.

So, I cleared my throat to gain her attention, at which she immediately turned around.

"Hi, ma'am, I am Cynthia. Aryan sir has appointed me here as a maid," she introduced herself, giving me a bright smile.

Why did he appoint her?

"Hi, Cynthia, I am Niya. So, you can call me by my name," I said.

"What are you doing?" I asking looking into the dish bowl.

"I was preparing matar panner and aloo parathas," she said.

"Okay, let me help you for doing this," I said and came forward to help her, but she denied me saying, "No, no, Niya. Sir has strictly said not to let you work."

What? Why would he do that?

Maybe she didn't hear him properly.

"No, Cynthia, I can-"

"I think you also have hearing problems like your brother," I was cut off by Aryan's voice. He was standing on the door of the kitchen.

What does he mean 'like my brother?'

"What do you mean, like my brother? My brother doesn't have a hearing problem," I snapped at him.

He just rolled his eyes at me.

"From today onwards Cynthia will do the household chores. The doctor said you need some rest," he said. "But don't think you are free from your work. After one week, you are going to cook food," he added and left the kitchen.

"I think Aryan sir likes your cooking, " Cynthia teased, winking at me.

"No, he don't like my cooking. He just can't see me doing nothing," I said rolling my eyes.

She just chuckled.

She seems like a nice girl. Very friendly.

Thank god, he didn't bring a person like him.

At least I will get someone to talk with.

"Niya, now go and rest," she said, pushing me out of the kitchen. "Once I am done, I will call you."

"But-"

"Go Niya," she again said.

I sighed in defeat and went back to my room.

I was arranging my clothes, which I had washed there before yesterday, when I heard a knock on my door.

I kept my folded clothes on the bed and went to open the door.

Aryan was standing there, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Yes?"

"Have you taken your medicine?" He asked with a straight face.

"Yeah," I replied.

He nodded. "Go and rest," he said more like an order, and left from there.

I mentally rolled my eyes at his behaviour.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

It's been more than a week already.

Cynthia has become very close to me. She is a nice girl who never misses a chance to make me smile.