26. Can eyes lie?

She was standing on the balcony, admiring the twinkling stars in the sky.

Is it true that after you die, you become stars?

If it's so, then maybe her family is looking at her from above.

She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. The night was quiet and a little chilly which was making her more peaceful. It has become her habit to spend her time by standing on the balcony at night.

It makes her feel calm.

She opened her eyes when she felt someone's presence. She didn't turn because she assumed it was Aryan.

Why is he here?

"Niya," when she heard Danish's voice, she furrowed her eyebrows and turned around to see only Danish behind her.

"What are you doing here?" She asked coldly.

She was still angry with him for that day.

She turned around facing him her back.

He went and stood beside her keeping his hands on the balcony.

He wanted to apologise to her for his actions.

His insane act almost brought her close to death that day. That guilt was eating him. It was becoming very difficult for him to even go to sleep.

"Niya, I am sorry," he apologised without looking at her.

She glanced at him. "For what?" She asked masking her anger with calmness, still knowing the answer.

He then turned to face her. "About that day. I promise, I had no idea that you didn't know how to swim. If I knew-"

Niya scoffed. "Then also you would have done the same thing," she completed his sentence.

"No, Niya. I would not hav-"

"You people get happiness by hurting me, so why would you not do that?" She mocked him. "I don't know what sin I have committed to deserve hatred from you guys," she said, sighing sadly.

Doesn't she know what she have done?

He was just looking at her.

In her words and eyes, he could see only innocence.

"Is it possible she could do that?" He thought.

Could it be possible that she is innocent?

"If you are done with your apologising drama, then please leave," she said.

"Niya, this is not a drama. I am really feeling guilty for my actions," he stated.

Though his words contained sincerity, she ignored them.

She ignored him saying, "I can't see any guilt in your words."

She felt like trusting him was like putting yourself in the mud.

She can't trust his words. What if this is all part of his act?

What if he is planning something agaist her?

"Niya, I really sorry," he again apologised.

"What is the point of apologising if you are going to the same thing again?" She asked.

"I am not going to do it again, Niya. If I knew it before, then I would have not done that to you," he tried to explained himself to her.

"Please leave from here, Danish," she said with a plain tone.

"Am I forgiven?" He asked hopefully.

She averted her gaze from him.

"I know it-"